red and blue gems, gears could be renewable or not?

Hello, i am glad, that DST makes fun of fast build when there are 6 players. So practically in 10 day everything is built and mostly can focus on nightmare fuel gathering and learn some stuff with shadow manipulator. However, not all players can easily find red or blue gems and gears, and when no robots in map, it is a bit annoying of few gems in graves. I wonder, is it possible to make crafting some red or blue gems. I know, that it could be overpowered, but perhaps making it on prestihitator would make more fun for hardcore players. The recipe could be 5 nightmare fuels+1 gold nugget + berries for red gem and 3 nightmare fuels+ 1 gold nugget+ bird monster blue egg for blue gem. In additionally gears coukd be 5 nightmare fuels + something ;D what do you think?

While I do agree gems and gears should be easier to obtain and renewable, recipes are generally not the direction to go. Maybe if gravesites would disappear and reappear in new places while refreshing their grave contents, it would be more engaging and spooky then hoarding items to use in crafting.

I think they should used the discarded Pawn model as a Clockwork equivalent to Spiders, except instead of there being bigger, badder Spider Warriors and Queens, the nest can't be destroyed and only Pawns come out. They won't always drop Gears, but they can be a "renewable" way of getting them.

Sorry, but the fact that gears would be made out of nightmare fuel just made me LOL for a moment there XD

Blue and red gems are already renewable through hounds. Gears are not yet. They will be in RoG though through tumbleweeds, however with Vanilla gears will stay non-renewable, just as they are in Vanilla SP. There's a lot of gears to gather in ruins, if you're brave enough, thought ;)

Well i did mention gear recipe with nightmare fuel, cause in other way it would be to easy to get it. Also, i have not seen fire hounds in DST for red gems. And i wonder, could walrus camp placed like about in 4 different place instead of 1 or not all. Cause it is hard to get resources from it. I know, that i can customise it by making more, but then it places in every biome of 2 and players dpget frustration. All in all i suggest to change walrus camp place for occuring 2 times more then now. What do you think?

red gems are already renewable through hounds. 

Oh those red hounds. The ones that have a 20% chance to drop, from the chance you might get a fire hound instead of a normal hound. Which you get to test your luck every hound attack. Currently, it seems every 7 days the player has to fight 2 hounds. Of course, I only pulled that observation from a Klei server that was well past day 100.

Small chance to get a red gem, from a small chance to get a fire hound, from a small pool of chances...

Oh those red hounds. The ones that have a 20% chance to drop, from the chance you might get a fire hound instead of a normal hound. Which you get to test your luck every hound attack. Currently, it seems every 7 days the player has to fight 2 hounds. Of course, I only pulled that observation from a Klei server that was well past day 100.

Small chance to get a red gem, from a small chance to get a fire hound, from a small pool of chances...

Your overall chances of getting a red gem is 25% during a hound attack in summer. I think that it's 50% chance drop rate for a gem from a red hound and if as you said it's 20% chance for a red hound to be on a summer hound attack, then by doing math it is 25% chance overall. And tbh you don't need the red gems that much as you need the blue gems, especially in RoG. If you're gonna make firestaff the only use it for a hoss. If you make a life-giving-amulrt, use it only for emergency. Noe the blue gems are much more common due to Walruses if you hunt for them every so often during winters.

Your overall chances of getting a red gem is 25% during a hound attack in summer. I think that it's 50% chance drop rate for a gem from a red hound and if as you said it's 20% chance for a red hound to be on a summer hound attack, then by doing math it is 25% chance overall. And tbh you don't need the red gems that much as you need the blue gems, especially in RoG. If you're gonna make firestaff the only use it for a hoss. If you make a life-giving-amulrt, use it only for emergency. Noe the blue gems are much more common due to Walruses if you hunt for them every so often during winters.

No, it is 20% for the red gem to drop. I could not find information about the fire hound spawn percentage, but I want to believe it is around 33%. 

And I do need red gems for purple gems. While I can get blue gems from walrus hunting packs, I am still dealing with a 20% gem chance. It is not fun.

Xirmix, i am not sure how do you get 25%. So if 20% chance of getting fire hound and of that percent getting 50% its only 10%. Equally 0.2 x 0,5 =0,1. Well either way, one of the option is letting spawn this monster dog ewecus and not killing him, only the hounds, but its kinda fun in DST if team arent screaming for help and trying to kill with shovels :D

well, they're renewable, just not common. That's a very big difference. I don't think that gems should ever be a common resource or anything near that, just renewable enough that you don't fear completely depleting them from the world.

well, they're renewable, just not common. That's a very big difference. I don't think that gems should ever be a common resource or anything near that, just renewable enough that you don't fear completely depleting them from the world.

I would agree if it weren't for this: Telelocator_Focus_ready.png

I never really understood why use these. I only used it once to trap a deerclops near a giant pig farm I had for research purposes. Other than that, it's just overpriced quick travel.

Would be nice to tele a wounded teammate to the base in survival. Or tele a ewecus into a favorable spot.

Archived