KaStar's Don't Starve Fanart Scirbbles

Here is a rough sneak peek at my next little Don't Starve comic I want to do. I want to make something that looks like an actual comic this time, with panels and everything. It won't be in color, but the drawings will be cleared up and have some tones added.

I'll work on this inbetween my work, like I did before. ;)

post-503874-0-87471600-1418459391_thumb.

• Like 6

post-503874-0-95834800-1418628007_thumb.

Page 1 of my next Don't Starve comic. And this time I'm putting time into it. ^^;

I want to thank those who came to the stream and watched me work on this. I really like how this first page came out, which is werid for me and most of the stuff I draw.

I will try and get to the next page as soon as I can!

• Like 8

I find it funny how wilson is just gone into panic overdrive while Willow is just like "I got this" (that is until the bearger shows up)

That's how I see the characters interacting in my head. Wilson panics when something new and unexpected turns up while Willow tries harder not to lose her s*&^ like him.

XD

I don't know when I'll be able to get the next page done, so in the meantime I thought I would post the progess for page 2. (Just for fun!) :-)

post-503874-0-31235900-1418871385_thumb.

I like to work really loose when I do the first draft, since there's a good chance a bunch of stuff will change by the time it reaches it's clean line stage.

post-503874-0-38527100-1418871393_thumb.

I then do a second pass, and this is where I get to nail down all the details in the faces and poses. I love this part. :3

post-503874-0-64458000-1418871397_thumb.

I use Manga Studio for everything, and I like using the Rough Pencil brush for both sketching and sometimes line work. I thought it worked well for this comic, so I stuck to it with the clean lines.

post-503874-0-37637100-1418871405_thumb.

Finally, I add tones to help give eveything more depth, and in the case of the last panel here, make the Bearger more intimidating looking. I used a watercolor brush along with a light warm gray.

Edited by KaStar23
  • Like 8

Despite your condition, you still drew and shared another piece. So on behalf of us all viewers of your work, thank you!

Get well soon, @KaStar23!

Aww, wow; thank you. That's so sweet of you to say.

I wanted to finish the next page of my DS comic today, but I just didn't have the energy. So I drew my feelings. *pff*

:wilson_laugh:

• Like 1

is this willow a tsundere delinquent girl?

I honestly don't know at this point. XD

The way I interpret Willow is shes between being a child and being an adult (since she is in her early twenties). Couple that with being a pyromaniac and having lower max Sanity then Wilson, and you would get a characters that would come off as unpredictable at times.

In my head, Willow is openly tough and independent, but because of her love for fire, she still can get into some serious trouble. The origin of this could be anything, but it makes it difficult for her to show any affection towards someone (at least initially), in fear that they would think of her as a freak, or maybe she would be afraid of harming them by accident. With that in mind, I see Willow as being cold on the outside because of fear of what others might think of her or in fear of that she might hurt others that she would get too close to.