Post Your "I Forget This Game Cannot Be Paused" Deaths!

I hope I'm not the only one that has died to map holding for too long, so post yours!

My first was when I was in a rock quarry. My friend and I had just started the server, and we were trying to coordinate our positions. I finished gathering rocks and was looking at my map carefully. When I closed the map, suddenly there was a tallbird on me delivering the killing blow. I never heard it coming from offscreen, or the sounds of my character crying in pain. It was one of the best laughing-while-yelling-noooooo deaths I've had in a while :x

Well at least you were still there to see the death. I needed to step away from the computer to let the dog out. That wasn't going to take that long I thought. The daytime takes forever to leave right now anywho, I thought. I should be fine, I thought. Nothing will mess with me here in this quiet corner, I thought. I return to find I was killed by hounds. T~T

I had something similar to @Zendy.

I knew that "pause" was not a real "pause", at least there's that. But I was trying to talk my partner through something, maybe it was finding the log.txt or looking up an oft-forgot prefab on the wiki. Whatever it was, I was trying to speed through my instructions because I was annoyed (seeing as how he has 3 monitors and knows the joy of Google). Being annoyed, I stopped watching my screen, but my fingers were still on auto-pilot... I WASD-ed myself right on out of the fire-light radius, and was killed by Charlie.

I like and dislike the no pause feature in the don't starve together game. Love it, because it forces you to stay active if you want to get stuff done, and not be lazy about "oh, ill just put this on pause rather than exit to do something else" and hate it because I died trying to find my base on the map before winter froze my backside off to death, with a side of no sanity, hohoho~ Those darn shadow spooks! Klei always doin stuff to keep me on my toes when I play the game.

Isn't there a voice chat option? If so ya gotta get peeps into that, less worry about stopping to type! Unless ya wanna make it a challenge to see how fast you can type and run :razz:

no, it's to mute players that type in the chat.

Ex. A spammer keeps spamming "1" in the chat.

You can mute him so you don't keep seeing "1" in the chat.

no, it's to mute players that type in the chat.

Ex. A spammer keeps spamming "1" in the chat.

You can mute him so you don't keep seeing "1" in the chat.

Oh, well drat... that would be a nice implement for the future then, eh devs *subtle hint*

Also did I mention how entertaining it is to starve to death while looking at the map for my farms to look for food? Hah, I found the food, however perished as I was getting it.

Archived