Important Feedback From New Player

Hi I wanted to leave some opinions about frustrations I am encountering.

I am a lifelong gamer, but I am very frustrated by some aspects of the game's controls

1) Please make character move to a thing but not be inside of the thing. E.G. fire pit when I move to it to cook something I am basically standing inside of it and it's difficult to move food onto it. When My friend moves to fire pit they cover it as well and I have to ask them to move all the time.

2) Items that drop on the ground: please spread them out more so they are clearly visible and easy to click. I can understand issue about limited space but if there is open area then there should not be clumps of items.

3) auto-pick up feature. Please tell me if there exists key I can press that will move me to nearest item to pick up. If not, please add it. Very useful frustration saver instead of click everything. Thanks xSadoro

4) limited pathing: my character cannot figure out to walk around a short wall. very disappointing.

5) this will be a matter of opinion, I think when you begin a gathering action it should not be interrupted if you click away. I want to make gathering as fast as possible, so I begin to click away just as character done gathering, but then he cancel his action and move without gathering. negative would be: if you accidentally click a thing then it is locked and he can't move, but I have had better experience in games that use this control system: they are more fluid.

These are my only complaints. I was very frustrated after 2nd day playing. Rest of game is good and I like it. Coop very fun to play; challenging to survive.

thanks

"key I can press that will move me to nearest item to pick up. If not, please add it. Very useful frustration saver instead of click everything."

Space bar! Thats how I play, wasd and space bar for normal actions and f to attack.

this will be a matter of opinion, I think when you begin a gathering action it should not be interrupted if you click away. I want to make gathering as fast as possible, so I begin to click away just as character done gathering, but then he cancel his action and move without gathering. negative would be: if you accidentally click a thing then it is locked and he can't move, but I have had better experience in games that use this control system: they are more fluid.

There is a great mod for this in single-player called Action Queue. I took a look at updating it for DST, but the code for it was pretty complicated, so I wasn't able to do it, but maybe I'll figure it out at some point or Simplex will make an attempt (he wrote it).

There is a great mod for this in single-player called Action Queue. I took a look at updating it for DST, but the code for it was pretty complicated, so I wasn't able to do it, but maybe I'll figure it out at some point or Simplex will make an attempt (he wrote it).

Hello yes in another game I play similar feature was called action queue. If you start action and click away, you will stop action and move, but if you are almost finished with action, you finish the action and then move. Very important, overlooked game controls polish.

I strongly strongly strongly urge this issue is important. Players who play this game long time will not care because they are used to way game controls are now, but this is frustration for player not used to it.

"key I can press that will move me to nearest item to pick up. If not, please add it. Very useful frustration saver instead of click everything."

Space bar! Thats how I play, wasd and space bar for normal actions and f to attack.

Hello sorry I don't understand do I press space to do this? I will try it

That is very nice thank you I did not know this. Much better this way

Im glad I could help you.

Although , you'll still have that issue with the fire pit for cooking. You can try rotating the camera with Q and E , or the little arrows next to the map icon. I dont think its that bad though :p

Hello I don't know runescape

In runescape you can point and click where you want your character to go. No mater how far this location is, your character will always (or most of the time) find his way to it, unless there's closed door or something like like that. In don't starve this would make map exploration too easy.

In runescape you can point and click where you want your character to go. No mater how far this location is, your character will always (or most of the time) find his way to it, unless there's closed door or something like like that. In don't starve this would make map exploration too easy.

Hi Thanks I did not say to move across map, only around 1 short wall

it actully works in singleplayer so i think it's is meant to be easy

Archived