Dont Starve Together factions!

What if don't starve together had factions, in which you could only see YOUR other faction members and not the other factions, and the main purpose would be to fight the other faction in order to survive another day! The first one to kill the other faction wins. Please post your ideas or feedback!

Maybe have a mod that splits players on a server into teams. Be able to pick different characters and item classes, etc. And of course, with Don't Starve's combat system, teamwork would be essential. However, I don't see this being implemented officially as it isn't really part of the core gameplay. Still sounds pretty cool to me.

What if don't starve together had factions, in which you could only see YOUR other faction members and not the other factions, and the main purpose would be to fight the other faction in order to survive another day! The first one to kill the other faction wins. Please post your ideas or feedback!

But how would you if you can't see them?

Maybe have a mod that splits players on a server into teams. Be able to pick different characters and item classes, etc. And of course, with Don't Starve's combat system, teamwork would be essential. However, I don't see this being implemented officially as it isn't really part of the core gameplay. Still sounds pretty cool to me.

My first thought after reading your idea was something like "wickerbottom class" like you get the book tab, or a wendy class , you can summon a ghost etc...

But how would you if you can't see them?

if I remember correctly, there is a way to locate other players, like a floating circle on the edge of your screen pointing in the direction that they are. The people in a faction would only have this for their teammates, making it a challenge to find and destroy the opposite team. Also, each faction has can have bases or fortresses and could destroy the other teams base.

If this were, to be in any way implemented; Only P v P server enabled, here would need to be pre-built team fortresses, safe-zone for re-spawns, anti-safe zone kills, once exiting safezone you cant re-enter, separate team spawn points, map automatically set to huge, ability to toggle from 2 - 3 - 4 teams (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green), a way to get weapons and armour without the world being strip mined of resources (Chest of Weapons and Armour that refills when empty?), no invisibility from other teams, no greifing team spawns, anti-ghost capabilities to be implemented, only autumn, ability to choose team, maximum team member amount (4 or maybe 6?).

There are a few more that could be done I'm guessing, but this is just my ideas on how it could actually work.

if I remember correctly, there is a way to locate other players, like a floating circle on the edge of your screen pointing in the direction that they are. The people in a faction would only have this for their teammates, making it a challenge to find and destroy the opposite team. Also, each faction has can have bases or fortresses and could destroy the other teams base.

This doesnt seem like a crazy idea to me. Im sure with time there will come special pvp dedicated servers with modes like this...

For example you join, until theres like 10 people or something and then in 10 seconds the game starts, You get random characters or something idk, then spawn somewhere randomly with your team and then the actual game starts? (Maybe you start in your base, maybe you have a small one and then need to build a big one or whatever...)

a way to get weapons and armour without the world being strip mined of resources (Chest of Weapons and Armour that refills when empty?),

Maybe there can be occasional spawning chests, kinda like a supply drop from a first person shooter, that would appear on the map and have cool and rare resources. the world can also somewhat replenish its lost resources every month or so(game days), so resources would be plentiful

Archived