Suggestion:Footprints

I don't know if this has been suggested before or what, but after being totally lost one winter the idea came to me that maybe they could add footprints to the game so people can find other people. 

It'd be kinda cute to locate a person from following their footprints left behind in the snow, or the muck of the swamp. You can also get creative and leave messages in the snow. Xd Things like snowfall or passing beefalo, penguins and other things can get rid of them. Just like for realz footprints. Just a thought. 

Hmm, I didn't think about that. Yeah the lag totally kills that. *sigh* Ah well, perhaps someday in the distant future when ordinary lag is less of a problem. In the meantime I guess the whole rod thing could be fun too.

Regardless, there should be a better system for finding players.

Maybe they could finally use the sign post for something, like sharing a location on the map.

Or an item that leaves a trail. That way, at least everyone wouldn't be leaving their own trail straight away, and start lagging stuff.

I'm still waiting for signs to be writable so I can make some Loony Toons-esque ones.

"BASE THIS WAY."

"KEEP GOING."

"NOPE, YOU TURNED THE WRONG WAY. TRY AGAIN."

"IF YOU HIT THE SWAMP, YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR."

etc.

But footprints would be cute too.

Footprints would be ideal, however like Kaleb suggested I'm sure there would be some sort of issue with it. I think signs would be a more ideal way to locate one another as they give off a map icon rather than having to search for footprints. I think, the footprints way would take longer that's all. 

Archived