Please help! Why am I dying?

It's Winter, it just started to snow.  I have nice camp set up, have on me 4 full stacks of wood so it's no problem to make wood planks to keep base camp fire going at full blast.  I have two thermal stones( which do not heat up btw  they stay cold whether on the ground next to the fire or on me). I have winter hat, and breezy vest.  I cannot go out hunting for winter Kola as i am barely able to move from the camp fire during the day for fear of freezing. I have plenty of food so i am not starving, all my numbers are good right now, even sanity is near max.   But my temp keeps going down, especially at night( ofc), my screen gets to the red zone warning of close to death, and my temp goes down consistanly to around 34 (red screen starts to show).  I just barely made it to morning before death 2x's now. The stones nor the campfire are keeping me warm. I am almost standing in it, throwing planks on it to keep it at a high rate.  Why am i dying?  Someone please tell me what i am doing wrong. Thanks!! :)

I don't know why you are having trouble with freezing. Try putting your campfire into maximum heat and place your two thermal stones beside it. When fully maxed, equip both of your winter clothes and hunt some food.

The only things that I do in winter are:

* Hunt Winter Koalefant (to make items / food)

* Hunt MacTusk (for his loots <3)

* Hunt Foods

* Hunt Woods

The only problem I have is when Deerclops spawn, I have to fight him while freezing, though I survived it thanks to penguins.

OMG  Mobbstar  that may be it!  i do have tiki torches around my camp, 2 inside the walls with me.  Thank you so much!!  Going now to delete them, hopefully the damage isn't irreversible.  I will post back if that works, just in case someone else sees this post. Thankyou again!

That did the trick.  I had to hammer down all the torches outside my walls too and go out of the game and disable the mod, and exit the game to the desktop, then restart.  It seems to be fine now, although, lol, i was losing health so bad at 27 degrees bodytemp  that i had to constantly eat all my stored food to stay alive and replenish my deminishing heath numbers. :(   hopefully i will be able to "don't starve"  this winter now , haha.  Thank you Mobbstar and to you too Xija for your responses to my post.  Happy gaming to all!

Archived