Bees and Wasps don't mix!

Like seriously! Why are killer bees coming of bees nest when you agroo on a bee hive or attack/catch a normal bee?! Killer bees are labelled as wasps and they actually have a different hive, so why are there ones coming from the hives?! Why can't it just be normal bees agrood on you coming from the normal hive instead of ones like from killer bee hive! It's like bees inside the hives turn into killer bees when they agroo on you and come out while the normal bees outside the hive just agroo on you! It's like pigs all of a sudden turning into warrior pigs if they lived in groups of four in one house like the merms. This is pure game logic. I've never seen a Wasp or as we know it "Killer bee" turn into a normal bee and vice versa! Please change this, it's really annoying and makes for RoG autumn the only season to catch bees (In summer you probably won't have time to worry about catching bees so). Just have bees agroo on you during spring, instead of turning into killer bees and have multiple normal bees coming from a bee hive agrood on you instead of them turning into killer bees and then agrooing on you!

bees are actually very aggressive when you destroy their hive (without smoking them out first)... wasps and hornets are above-normal furious in that scenario as well. As such, I'd much rather suggest making both types of bees visually and physically more angry when their hive gets attacked.

bees are actually very aggressive when you destroy their hive (without smoking them out first)... wasps and hornets are above-normal furious in that scenario as well. As such, I'd much rather suggest making both types of bees visually and physically more angry when their hive gets attacked.

I'm just saying that bees should be bees and wasps should be wasps (killer bees) but they would both would attack you in certain occasions. Bees don't change visualization when they're aggroed on you. Wasps don't either. I think their textures should stay the same and shouldn't mix. Bees live in bee hives and killer bees live in killer bee hives. Bees should be neutral towards you unless you attack their hive, attack a bee or catch a bee and they would always spawn from bee hive, agrooed on you instead of having killer bees coming from there. Bees would only be hostile during Spring (would be still bees and NOT killer bees). Killer bees would be hostile towards you and would attack you if you're near them, aggroe on you if you're near their hive and if you attack a killer bee or catch one. Simple enough. Why did devs decide to put killer bees in normal bee hives anyway?

I'm just saying that bees should be bees and wasps should be wasps (killer bees) but they would [...quite a wall of text...] Simple enough. [not sure if sarcasm] Why did devs decide to put killer bees in normal bee hives anyway?

Its much easier to just use existing stronger bees (because that is what "killer bees" are) than to screw aroung a lot. They're called wasps in the code just as  spelumonkies are called kiki: because it's shorter and thus much quicker. They look different because the player needs to know something is different, we're talking about a game here, not reality.

That aside, I think the best way to explain this (ignoring the lazy-factor) is a slight missunderstanding. DS plays in a fanciful world with fanciful creatures and logic. Killer bees are just like the other "bees", but kill a lot better.

Well... killer bees are more accurately known as African honey bees, a subspecies of the the honey bee, Apis mellifera

They aren't wasps.

The one that comes to almost everyone's mind when they think of a wasp is the yellow jacket, Vespula squamosa.

(Just a wee bit of trivia for you. ;))

That said, the killer bees do have their own hives and I figure that killer bees are in regular bee hives because, in game, it just works. Like Mobbstar said, it's a lot easier. Plus, it doesn't take away from the game; I think it actually adds depth to the game in the sense that you should bloody well avoid this type of bee if you can help it.

Games don't always have to be realistic. :)

Its much easier to just use existing stronger bees (because that is what "killer bees" are) than to screw aroung a lot. They're called wasps in the code just as  spelumonkies are called kiki: because it's shorter and thus much quicker. They look different because the player needs to know something is different, we're talking about a game here, not reality.

That aside, I think the best way to explain this (ignoring the lazy-factor) is a slight missunderstanding. DS plays in a fanciful world with fanciful creatures and logic. Killer bees are just like the other "bees", but kill a lot better.

Wait, they deal more damage? I the only difference between them and normal bees was the texture and that one is hostile and the other isn't!

Like Mobbstar said, it's a lot easier.

What is easier?

Bwt, bees don't just change their species all of a sudden. You don't get Spider warriors turn into spiders just because there's less of them left in a... They do. It's just all weird. It all kind of looks like currency, those mobs do, but I won't get into that. But it's too weird for me. I want a mod sorting out those bees in species!

Actually, that would be pretty interesting if we had a way of neutralizing killer bees by smoking them out. I wonder what we could use though...

What is easier?

That Klei doesn't have to come up with another mob type as it already fills a particular need.

In the real world, you don't tend to see different species of bee living together; you're right. However, games don't have to be realistic. The killer bees fill the role of aggressive bees - there doesn't have to be another type of bee to compensate for anything.

Archived