(WIP) Human Charlie Mod

Nova Arson

Health:125

Sanity:150

Hunger:150

Though I like the idea of her having lower Sanity. After all, she knows the guy that's (supposedly) running everything, so that's bound to take its toll.

I put this here to follow with another idea i've had. Have gruesomeness fill up significantly faster if sanity is critically low. This will really put the Grue-avoidance rub on since she goes insane faster.

Also, tbh, the head-canon of this mod(imo) is that Charlie isn't actually aware that Maxwell is on the throne. Nor that the throne exists. All she really knows is that Maxwell is there.....somewhere. And she's trying to find him.

Update: I got a few suggestions for some stuff, so wanted to post them, along with the stuff already planned.

Health:130

Sanity:110
Hunger:150

Perks: Not afraid of the Dark, Hallucinations are friendly

Title: "Magicians Assistant" instead of "Maxwells Assistant"

Starter item: red trench coat

Voice: Harp

Maxwell doesn't show in Sandbox mode, but does show in Adventure Mode. He won't look at her and simply says "I'm sorry Charlie" before disappearing.

She turns into the Grue when in the dark. Says "I feel strange." when in the dark. Says "What's happening to me?!" when turning (or hurt by) into the Grue.

I'm unsure if she shouldn't be afraid of the dark, what do you guys think? I feel like she would be since she's afraid of Them/The shadows.

I put this here to follow with another idea i've had. Have gruesomeness fill up significantly faster if sanity is critically low. This will really put the Grue-avoidance rub on since she goes insane faster.

Also, tbh, the head-canon of this mod(imo) is that Charlie isn't actually aware that Maxwell is on the throne. Nor that the throne exists. All she really knows is that Maxwell is there.....somewhere. And she's trying to find him.

I like the idea, and it would make sense.

As for the headcannon, I like it. I could have it when she goes into Adventure Mode, she could be rather confused for why she sees him. I don't plan to have him show in sandbox mode, so she wouldn't know he's on the throne until she arrives at the final part of Adventure mode. It'd make for a pretty sad ending.

As for the headcannon, I like it. I could have it when she goes into Adventure Mode, she could be rather confused for why she sees him. I don't plan to have him show in sandbox mode, so she wouldn't know he's on the throne until she arrives at the final part of Adventure mode. It'd make for a pretty sad ending.

EXCELLENT.

And I know. It'll fit the feel of the Don't Starve main canon. Tragedy!

You know.....if it'd be at all possible, maybe try to script together a custom Adventure Mode ending.....idk...maybe i'm just rambling at this point.

EXCELLENT.

And I know. It'll fit the feel of the Don't Starve main canon. Tragedy!

You know.....if it'd be at all possible, maybe try to script together a custom Adventure Mode ending.....idk...maybe i'm just rambling at this point.

That'd be nice to do. Could have a few different endings to it. I'll write it down and come back to it once all the other stuff is sorted out.

I meant to post this yesterday, but forgot.

I'll be leaving on December 8th until January ? to visit family. During that time I won't be updating the Mod. Considering this is a week earlier than I was originally supposed to be leaving, the first version of the Mod will most likely not come out until sometime after I return. 

You guys was talking about the Night effect? I kind of figured it was Them trying to take her back. Basically yeah, still becoming the Grue again but with a bit different of packaging. So maybe on the damage she could express "Something's got me!" rather than an expression of pain. 

Or in Sandbox he could just deliver the same line he does for the Codex Umbra. Hearing that suddenly would be a pretty good reason to jolt awake like they do. 

You guys was talking about the Night effect? I kind of figured it was Them trying to take her back. Basically yeah, still becoming the Grue again but with a bit different of packaging. So maybe on the damage she could express "Something's got me!" rather than an expression of pain. 

Or in Sandbox he could just deliver the same line he does for the Codex Umbra. Hearing that suddenly would be a pretty good reason to jolt awake like they do. 

That could work well, for both ideas. I like them.

I know how to change the adventure mode ending ^.^

I actually replaced the throne entirely in my mod, although it's easier to just change the dialogue.  The code I use is a little bit rudimentary, but it works.  You can check it out in my Wilford Warfstache mod:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=240775044

Oh wow, I've seen your mod, and I think I actually have it. Nice job dude! Would you be willing to work with me when I get to changing the ending? Or at least show me/give me a tutorial of how to. 

We can message each other off of this if you'd like to discuss it.

Update: I've figured out her dress and hair pieces to where they'll work properly. I believe I'll still need help with her dress, given I'm having a bit of difficulties understanding some of the angles?  I need to fix up the front view of the dress, and some stuff with the hair, then I'll post pictures. 

Once the dress and hair are done, I can actually move on to the other stuff with the mod.

Update: Her dress still needs a little work, as do her eyes, and her hair’s different, I just haven’t put it in yet. I do need to make the other angles for the dress still. Hopefully by tomorrow night or the next the little stuff will be done.

tumblr_nfkymdRPoO1u4qv44o1_250.pngtumblr_nfkymdRPoO1u4qv44o2_250.png

What is her dialogue going to be like?Like more leaned towards the more sinister side or cutesy side?

Id almost think  'terror stricken' would be a good theme. She sees the darkness in most things and relates to how it could be corrupting her or how she might stop caring for its current beauty if she herself goes further into the darkness.

Sure, I can probably help you out, although I am working on another mod of mine at the moment.  At the bare minimum, I'll be able to tell you what to do.

It'll be awhile before I get to the point of making a custom ending, probably somewhere in January, if not later in 2015. I'm still needing to get everything else done, this include all the art, along with her little special stuff, and not to mention dialogue as well. Given I'll be starting classes in January, those will be taking up time as well, so finishing all the other stuff may be a slow process after I come back from visiting family.

What is her dialogue going to be like?Like more leaned towards the more sinister side or cutesy side?

As seronis mentioned, it'll probably be somewhere along the lines of terror stricken, though not for everything. I feel like she would know of a lot of the creatures on the island, so for things like Beefalo she'll probably say something along the lines of "One of Maxy nicer creatures." and for spiders probably something like "Why does this nightmare exist?"

Basically, she'd question the more creepy things, though make a general comment towards the more lovely things. As for her dialogue for Chester, I'm going to have her actually be saying something along the lines of "I've always loved Maxys idea of Chester."

If you haven't noticed, she'll probably call Maxwell Maxy for most things. 

Is she gentle towards the idea of other players, like since she kills them in darkness and stuff. And like would she have happy dialogue when examining one of the skeletons?  

One thing you, as well as others, need to remember is that Charlie and The Grue, though technically the same, are different people/creatures.

Where the Grue kills everything, Charlie doesn't, besides needs of survival/self defense.

Yes, Charlie's gentle towards other players. As for the skeletons, I see her having a somewhat sad response to them, if not a slightly indifferent response.

Archived