Share map discovery

Simply put, when I run around and discover an area and my friend runs off in the other direction, we can both see the two areas as discovered.

I think it would be a nice feature for people who like to play more survival with friends to be able to host a server with shared map discovery.

Any thoughts on this?

Similar topics"
http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/42169-shareable-maps/
http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/42421-group-map-item/

I'm kind of impartial to the idea.
As it is now, exploring is fun, and also I've been watching a twitch server and when someone new joins him he just opens up his map and shows everyone where things are, if needed. In general, if you can't physically share the image, you could just give directions (which is what I generally do). - I'm aware this can cause problems with which way is North etc.

On the other hand, it'd be kind of nice if someone wants to see my map they could. Perhaps, as suggested already, with a new item to share it or so. Maybe if in range. *shrug*

For PVP purposes, this (sharing maps) could be a problem because if you haven't explored an area and suddenly start seeing more of the map show up, you would know someone is over there. - Just a thought.

EDIT:! @Jiish,

I got linked an old stream and heard that, Seth has said they plan on adding a way to share your map information. So, this topic is on their agenda.

Examples he mentioned.
Map you craft with your map. And puts your current map on that.
Or a map table like a structure, so when someone goes there they can see it.

Link to video:
http://youtu.be/V6Suc92z1W8?t=35m1s

i like the idea of sharing the map that way you can know where the other person is at all times that's another thing i think would be helpful to have a longer range on where  your friends are . so far thats really the only thing i have found thats annoying about playing the game 

i like the idea of sharing the map that way you can know where the other person is at all times that's another thing i think would be helpful to have a longer range on where  your friends are . so far thats really the only thing i have found thats annoying about playing the game 

Archived