When the Wooden Thing gets added...

I sure hope so. Since an entirely new world is being created for all, I would think it's not terribly difficult (since the network isn't trying to maintain currentl-multiple instances of worlds/levels). That said, I just "think"... I don't actually know anything about that aspect of coding =)

So, back to my thoughts... if a whole group of people wanted to leave the current world, there's probably a reason. Either everyone agrees the map generated poorly, or all the resources have been depleted so they're bored with just eating and gathering to keep things running. I might also guess perhaps griefers destroying things, but they could just start brand-new world together and then lock the server for a while. I think at the very least, allowing character changing should be an option when teleportato-ing. I'd prefer that the host could adjust the world settings/prefabs at that time as well, but that may not happen.

What would the trade off be, just wondering? Otherwise you could just change characters all willy-nilly and have character specific items all over the place because you could just drop them and change back.

Would you have to find the Things again afterwards (they would be randomly placed back in the world) or...?

What would the trade off be, just wondering? Otherwise you could just change characters all willy-nilly and have character specific items all over the place because you could just drop them and change back.

Would you have to find the Things again afterwards (they would be randomly placed back in the world) or...?

I don't really know, I didn't think it through.

I guess it causes you to lose your character-specific items upon use then regain your new character's ones?

Archived