Hearth Penalities

Hey everyone.

After i played some hours with my friends, we find pretty hard to revive other players.
It will be funnier if the host can configure the penalty of "Telltale Heart".

I read some lua code(player_common.lua) and i found a weird code in health.lua

if SaveGameIndex:CanUseExternalResurector() == false then        -- Adventure mode only        self.penalty = self.numrevives*TUNING.REVIVE_HEALTH_PENALTY_AS_MULTIPLE_OF_EFFIGY        for k,v in pairs(Ents) do            if v.components.resurrector and v.components.resurrector.penalty then                self.penalty = self.penalty + v.components.resurrector.penalty            end        end    else         --#srosen this won't work for caves but we can cross that bridge when we come to it        self.penalty = self.numrevives*TUNING.REVIVE_HEALTH_PENALTY_AS_MULTIPLE_OF_EFFIGY        -- self.penalty = SaveGameIndex:GetResurrectorPenalty() + self.numrevives*TUNING.REVIVE_HEALTH_PENALTY_AS_MULTIPLE_OF_EFFIGY    end

Why did you add penalty for any resurrector in the world without filter the player identity?

I post it with my suggestion because i didn't try if it make a bug.

Thanks Klei for this game!

Ps:
If you need a help to program some code, it will be a pleasure to assist you.

Hey everyone.

After i played some hours with my friends, we find pretty hard to revive other players.

It will be funnier if the host can configure the penalty of "Telltale Heart".

I read some lua code(player_common.lua) and i found a weird code in health.lua

if SaveGameIndex:CanUseExternalResurector() == false then        -- Adventure mode only        self.penalty = self.numrevives*TUNING.REVIVE_HEALTH_PENALTY_AS_MULTIPLE_OF_EFFIGY        for k,v in pairs(Ents) do            if v.components.resurrector and v.components.resurrector.penalty then                self.penalty = self.penalty + v.components.resurrector.penalty            end        end    else         --#srosen this won't work for caves but we can cross that bridge when we come to it        self.penalty = self.numrevives*TUNING.REVIVE_HEALTH_PENALTY_AS_MULTIPLE_OF_EFFIGY        -- self.penalty = SaveGameIndex:GetResurrectorPenalty() + self.numrevives*TUNING.REVIVE_HEALTH_PENALTY_AS_MULTIPLE_OF_EFFIGY    end

Why did you add penalty for any resurrector in the world without filter the player identity?

I post it with my suggestion because i didn't try if it make a bug.

Thanks Klei for this game!

Ps:

If you need a help to program some code, it will be a pleasure to assist you.

You'll notice that there's a comment in the top block that it's for Adventure Mode, which isn't in DST at the moment. So that's just old code that hasn't been revisited yet. The lower block is what runs right now, and as it notes, it won't work for caves, but those have numerous other issues that need to be resolved first.

Archived