[Suggestion] For the sake of goofing around, snowballs!

I would love to see that in winter, there would be piles of snow lying around in which you can get a few snowballs or something, in which you could throw them at people.

Together surviving is alot of fun, but once you have the hang of it with your team some things may get a bit dull. 

I honestly do not have a key, but from the multiple playthroughs and comments i've seen on the forum there seems to be a need for more 'togetherness' in my opinion.

But snowballs would be a great addition in my opinion, this could kill time on long winternights where there is not that much to do or just to mess around with. There could be added some effects, where when you hit someone you would gain a little bit of sanity, and when you get hit you lose a little bit of sanity and get a bit colder or something.

Just for the laughs, but still a great addition in terms of 'together'.

I'm normally against stuff that doesn't add mechanically meaningful gameplay, but this would actually be really cool. Just something fun to do with friends, it would go well with Flare2V's rabbit soccer!

Maybe this could be coupled with snow walls that melt when summer comes, but block snowballs while they last. Although that would be more work to implement, so maybe later.

I'm normally against stuff that doesn't add mechanically meaningful gameplay, but this would actually be really cool. Just something fun to do with friends, it would go well with Flare2V's rabbit soccer!

Maybe this could be coupled with snow walls that melt when summer comes, but block snowballs while they last. Although that would be more work to implement, so maybe later.

Oh yes! Adding snow walls with this idea would indeed be great!

I do understand that the other technical issues should be adressed first.

But if it would be added somehow it would be really cool ^.^. Thanks for the support!

Haha, it's funny you should mention this. I just spent the morning casually playing around with implementing this snowball fight idea. Right now I have it where you can shovel up any snow covered land. Do you think it would be better to have actual snow mounds like we have icebergs instead?

I've considered giving snowballs the ability to suggest you as the attacker to your target, though that might be a bit over powered.

I like this idea of snowballs! In another game I play you can "cast" a snowball at someone, which it does absolutely nothing in that game. (There was another version that caused -1 damage upon hit.) But it was still cute/fun to throw it at someone (can even see the effect of it flying at them lol) and see a little *POOF* effect of tiny snow bits flying around them, from the snowball exploding while the other person being all " ¬.¬ "  lol

I would totally use these. :wilson_evil:

So no damage, but they make you colder? I like it, that would actually be fun instead of annoying because it'd be harder to just kill someone with snowballs. More of a harmless game.

Cute idea! I'd play it! 

Yep no damage or real side effects i currently have in mind with this idea.

Just getting colder, and perhaps a -1 sanity when being hit and a +1 when hitting someone or something (though that may be a bit of no use actually)

Just a harmless game people can put up :), if a snow wall can be implemented with this idea it would be really awesome, as there could be come some tactics involved. 

For DST this would be really cool, as even with 100+ days servers you can still put up a minigame every winter making a more lively gameplay :)

Archived