Experiences with Dragonfly

Hello everyone! First of all sorry for my bad English, I'm from Spain and I'm still learning. I wonder if any of you have beaten the Dragonfly. I've been playing Don't Starve over a year ago. A few weeks ago I bought the DLC and I have come to the dreaded season "Summer". All goes well until the Dragonfly comes... I play with Wigfrid and believed I could fight it but all I can do was run like a coward. I searched several sites but nothing I see convinces me. Tell me guys, Have you ever found him? Did you beat it? If you have some good trick or just want to tell me how was your experience with it go ahead I will be very grateful.

Only one way,sleep him down with darts or flute,place him a stack 13 gunpowder,give and some hits and done.Or wait him to feed him self with 20 piles of ash and fall asleep and then "plant the bomb".Avoid fight him straight,cause he is doing fire damage and u will die very easy if ur not prepared.Also kiting,becareful not place the world on fire :)

and sorry for the multipost

you can also get him stuck behind 2 close boulders, than attack between them, than you can also avoid the swipes

and sorry for the multipost

you can also get him stuck behind 2 close boulders, than attack between them, than you can also avoid the swipes

I just died from the dragonfly right now, 137 days in, pan flute + 14 gunpowder combo: this combo needs to be spammed. You pan flute the creature, put the gunpowder on the ground, then re-pan flute just in case. If you get too close he can even wake-up - instantly.
Goose Moose & Deerclops are very easy to avoid & kill & aggro to other mobs, Bearger can be avoided easily if needed, but Dragonfly is extremely difficult to defeat and adds another layer of difficulty of the summer period (by faaaar the hardest month).

I killed her using a ham bat.

What I do is craft 4 ish logsuits and 2 baseball helmets during summer (before it spawns!) I make sure to equip the logsuit last so that it depletes faster. MAKE SURE THEYRE ALL IN YOUR INVENTORY! SO YOU REQUIP AUTO

Health helps ALOT. honey poltices or lots of salves. cactus flower in a pinch. 

You just can't kill it without the armour or a good weapon. Spear is just takes too long. Dark Sword > Ham Bat (full) > Tentacle Spike obviously. 

I strike it once to attack it. 

It'll aggro and use its stomp attack. Dodge it like you would any AOE attack, about the same as Deerclop's attack.

Then it'll punch you, you can't really dodge it. I strike it 3-5 times straight after its aoe stomp. I just tank the punch

If you need to heal, make it use it's aoe stomp and heal a few times. You'll have time and should heal enough especially if you use poltices.

(attack to aggro) dodge aoe stomp -- ATTACK or heal quick and ATTACK, it'll punch you, tank it - dodge aoe AFTER you attack it -- rinse repeat

HIGHLY RECOMMEND FIGHTING HER ON A ROAD

its a hard battle, you might die a few times. but once you get the hang of it it's an okay fight and certainly better than farming 14 stupid gunpowder and sleeping stuff............

Archived