Ruins Challenge

I have never been in Ruins. I never play long in my worlds unless I have meat effigy because it is not fun (80 % deaths due to hounds).

I created a new world. I found enough grass and twigs. I have a skeleton to hammer for shards, 2 moles, a science machine and a log suit & boards from a dead adventurer. 

I found the sinkhole and I am at day 1. I will try to get into ruins before summer ! I will keep you informed about my adventures !

xY3OIrj.png

I will make 2 under ground farms once I gather enough grass. I need a Crock Pot to make Meaty Stew with Pigs. I will hammer all their houses and rebuilt them in Ruins. I need to stack on Turf as fuel !

te16Njg.jpg

I crafted a Back Pack, found some food and gears. I had some problems with Poison Trees but I burned all of them with my Torch. I have my charcoal and my ashes ! I need to craft a Rain Hat and gather grass/twigs. I will cut wood in sunken forests next time.

I found an angry rook destroying the Pig Village for some unknown reason. Free meat. I gave the Pig Meat to the Pig King to build my electric doodads. 

kMCpQXh.jpg

It rains every day. Torches are expensive. I need to make a large stack of grass/twigs before moving inside the caves. I will transplant grass and twigs.

I found a Bunnymen Village and died due to spiders. There was two Tier 3 in front of the cave entrance. I had a touchstone hopefully. I will need to clear those spiders...

If u die very easy by hounds as said,its good to mention about depth worms.those are 3x times harder than hounds.Also i will suggest to learn the game very well before u try for ruins and read some guides about ruins,otherwise prepare to go deeper than ruins.... :-)

p.s forget about torches in caves.its worthless.build miner hat and lantern and refuel it will light plants...

If u die very easy by hounds as said,its good to mention about depth worms.those are 3x times harder than hounds.Also i will suggest to learn the game very well before u try for ruins and read some guides about ruins,otherwise prepare to go deeper than ruins.... :-)

p.s forget about torches in caves.its worthless.build miner hat and lantern and refuel it will light plants...

How many Healing Salves will you bring in caves ?

There was an Earthquake. A few rocks hit Tentapillars. They became angry. I was dead before knowing it. Never go near Tentapillars when Eartquakes occur.

How many Healing Salves will you bring in caves ?

There was an Earthquake. A few rocks hit Tentapillars. They became angry. I was dead before knowing it. Never go near Tentapillars when Eartquakes occur.

Hmm,depends on ur skills and ur gear.But usually i have with me a few honey pooltice about lets say 10 and Eggs n Bacon( 20 days to spoil+good healing food/hunger).If u dont have gear and good armor,dont go down there,u will die for fun.Imagine that ruins are more dangerous than caves...

Hmm,depends on ur skills and ur gear.But usually i have with me a few honey pooltice about lets say 10 and Eggs n Bacon( 20 days to spoil+good healing food/hunger).If u dont have gear and good armor,dont go down there,u will die for fun.Imagine that ruins are more dangerous than caves...

Marble suit is a really good armor. I had one on while exploring the caves. I wanted to collect Reeds in underground swamps so I took two torches with me. I found a Queen's Gathering Set Piece. The Spider Queens woke up and blocked the path so I had to run a little. Torches ran out and Charlie started to hit me with 5 damage each hit. I used my healing salves as I got back to surface. I exited the caves with some health left. :-)

I will try to craft some OP Armor and Weapons with Magic Research Stations.

P.S. : I forgot to friend the Rock Lobsters.

Marble suit is a really good armor. I had one on while exploring the caves. I wanted to collect Reeds in underground swamps so I took two torches with me. I found a Queen's Gathering Set Piece. The Spider Queens woke up and blocked the path so I had to run a little. Torches ran out and Charlie started to hit me with 5 damage each hit. I used my healing salves as I got back to surface. I exited the caves with some health left. :-)

I will try to craft some OP Armor and Weapons with Magic Research Stations.

P.S. : I forgot to friend the Rock Lobsters.

Marble also will slow u down,and thats something that u dont want down there.Having tentacles,log suit and footbal helmet,u r just fine for fighting something.first option is,u wear the miner hat and fight or u drop on the floor the lantern (on) ,and u fight full armor.Or just avoid fighting :).One good method is to befriend some bunnymen or pigs and let em do the work for u down there...

Archived