Where are all the existing game animations located?

XirmiX

^title. I can't find them. I need to find the Shadow creature animations, so I can edit that and get what I need, but I can't find anything. Until I do, I can't do anything about my mod, nor about Minari the Renegade Nightmare mod (yes, I did get a permission from the developer of the mod to work on it).

That's where all the .zip folders are located with textures, a .bin file called anim and build and I cannot open any of those with spriter. So? How do I do what?

Decompile them using krane, or - I heard somewhere that's a thing - look out for source assets.

krane can be found on the download section, under "mod tools" filter

Decompile them using krane, or - I heard somewhere that's a thing - look out for source assets.

krane can be found on the download section, under "mod tools" filter

Okay, I got ktools, got krane: How do I "decompile" them (I don't even know what that means)?

Okay, I got ktools, got krane: How do I "decompile" them (I don't even know what that means)?

post-390644-0-54887700-1414438353_thumb.

1. open cmd (the black comand prompt)
  2. drag in krane
  3. drag in the anim (unzipped)
  4. drag in the destination
  5. hit enter

"drag in" means "the next argument is this directory path" for the technical ones.

attachicon.gifkrane.png

1. open cmd (the black comand prompt)
  2. drag in krane
  3. drag in the anim (unzipped)
  4. drag in the destination
  5. hit enter

"drag in" means "the next argument is this directory path" for the technical ones.

1. Check

2. Check

3. Do you mean the anim.bin? If that then check, else I don't get it.

4. Do you mean to make a new folder and then drag it in the cmd? If that's correct then I did that.

5. Check

No result :(

1. Check

2. Check

3. Do you mean the anim.bin? If that then check, else I don't get it.

4. Do you mean to make a new folder and then drag it in the cmd? If that's correct then I did that.

5. Check

No result :(

Not the anim.bin, the whole animation file (the archive). Remember to un-.zip the file and put the things in a folder.

Sorry for not being clear about that one.

EDIT: 4. Making a new folder is correct.

Not the anim.bin, the whole animation file (the archive). Remember to un-.zip the file and put the things in a folder.

Sorry for not being clear about that one.

EDIT: 4. Making a new folder is correct.

Still doesn't do anything.

I get errors when I drag in the krane and contents of .zip files directly into the prompt, and it might be your case as well. 

This is how I do it:

1. Unzip the .zip files
  2. Put the contents into same folder as krane
  3. Open cmd
  4. Type "cd" (without the quotes) and drag in the folder where krane is located. hit enter
  5. Type this: krane anim.bin build.bin atlas-0.tex build foldername

I get errors when I drag in the krane and contents of .zip files directly into the prompt, and it might be your case as well. 

This is how I do it:

1. Unzip the .zip files
  2. Put the contents into same folder as krane
  3. Open cmd
  4. Type "cd" (without the quotes) and drag in the folder where krane is located. hit enter
  5. Type this: krane anim.bin build.bin atlas-0.tex build foldername

After step 4, it still show me this:

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

I hope he doesn't mind me re-posting this, but Dryicefox made a helpful video detailing how to do this here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/43234-dont-starve-modding-guides-in-videos/

His video is actually about making a ghost for DST, but the procedure to de-compile the animations with krane is the same.

You saved me a great deal of searching for DST, thank you kind sir.

Archived