Early Access Update 5: RED EYE - Patch Notes

• Developer

post-251510-0-72444500-1414515598_thumb.

Click here to download the full 1920 x 1080 image!

There were a few things we were hoping to make it in this update, but we felt they deserved some extra love. So you will see them in the next one. That makes this update lighter on new content than the last, but there are a lot of small (and some big) balance changes.

I'll let you get in there and find the new gizmos yourselves. Instead, I'll touch on some of the changes made.

We are in the middle of updating the story. Much of Centrals speech has changed, so you will notice her voice missing in some areas. It will return in time. As well, the item descriptions have all been revisited. Many of them now have new names to better suit their operation.

Some of the items functionality have been tweaked. Volt Disrupters for example have become less PWR hungry. Cloaking Rig I (and Deckard's modded rig) can now be used within guard vision, but is limited to just 4 tiles of movement before it shuts off.

Augments got a revision pass. Torque Injectors now reduce cooldown of items, hopefully making it a little more appealing. Predictive Brawling got a boost to its AP bonus as it's effect triggers less frequently than augments such as Net Downlink. Cyberlabs have been revised so that you can see what Augment they will inject. There will be more changes to the Cyberlab and augments in general coming up in the next Patch.

We were finding the game at the higher levels to not be as interesting as the earlier stages. The levels became quite large and sprawling and the number of guards in them often worked against the deliberate tactical gameplay we want. We've made a pass at the size and guard compositions to bring them in line with our goal. Along with this, level 2 guards have been upgraded with better vision. They don't have the peripheral sight weakness like their lower level coworkers.

Some of the more advanced players may feel that these level changes make the game easier, and they probably have. Do not fear, we have work in progress that will ratchet things up again. Just in ways hopefully more interesting than more and more bad guys filling up the space.

Patch notes for Update 5: RED EYE

Build 115029

New Features

* 2nd new throwable item. As well, the 1st from last update was made less rare.

* New program

* New Daemon

Balance Changes

* Many item names, descriptions and prices have been improved.

* Predictive Brawling increases AP benefit.

* Torque Injectors reduce item cooldown.

* Volt Disrupter PWR use lowered.

* Cyberlab Augment Injectors tell which augment they have when used and can be canceled. They also KO for 2 turns instead of 3 when used.

* Level 1 cloaking rig now works when seen, but only lasts 4 tiles of movement.

* Level sizes and guard numbers do not scale as quickly.

* Level 2 guards gain full vision up to 90 degrees. No peripheral weakness.

* Mission security levels also displayed by shield markers at the world map screen.

* Accelerator Chip became an Anarchy item instead of Hacking item.

Bug Fixes

* Buster Chips action will display automatically when available (like the Accelerator Chip)

* Fix issue detecting hostage death by laser

* Selling your currently equipped program should actually unequip it.

* Fix a save-load error when playing Security missions.

* Fix for a potential cause of guards being able to overwatch-shoot in the same turn.

* (OSX) Fix a problem that was causing non-fatal errors to crash the game.

* Improved guard spawning to help reduces clumping.

* Agents can observe paths of guards visible through controlled drones.

* Fixed a crash checking agent distance in the interrogation mission.

* Improved code in the vision system that was causing some animation warping.

* Fix a probem allowing the player to break firewalls after the Paradox is installed.

* Parasites are removed from units when they die.

* Cameras triggered through alarm states work again. They also show 'Rebooting...' in mainframe mode when coming online.

* Fixed a bug with Parasited mainframe items not working with Net Downlink.

Hot Fixes

Build 115185

* Fix crash when parasite executes but the player has no equipped program

* Fix a crash when killing a guard as he turns to face a target leaving LOS

* Fix an animation problem when throwing grenades on the diagonal from cover

* Ensure love letter spawn point is accessible

* Agent's names displayed when they speak

* Fixed a bug that delayed the final level showing up by one mission.

Cloaking Rig I (and Deckard's modded rig) can now be used within guard vision, but is limited to just 4 tiles of movement before it shuts off.

Augments got a revision pass. Torque Injectors now reduce cooldown of items, hopefully making it a little more appealing. Predictive Brawling got a boost to its AP bonus as it's effect triggers less frequently than augments such as Net Downlink. Cyberlabs have been revised so that you can see what Augment they will inject. There will be more changes to the Cyberlab and augments in general coming up in the next Patch.

I think the Cloaking Rig II should work like the Cloaking Rig I, but with a limit of 6 tiles and no cooldown reduction. The Cloaking Rig III should increase the limit to 8 tiles and should not have an area effect.

An augment that increases the running bonus to 6 would be nice. The Anatomy Analysis augment should reduce the alarm level by 1, because removing the alarm is too strong and a little boring.

I'd honestly prefer a focus on balance changes rather than new features. Not to say I don't want new dynamics in game, but this is more what I want than more stuff to sort through. Also the last two wallpapers were nice, well done!

P.S. - I wish I could contribute more, I like this, but grad school has me well occupied.

Thank you for the Augment changes. Much appreciated.

When will we get to use ALL the agents? Is it gonna be possible to field all 6 agents during missions at some point? Or maybe allow us to swap them out during the mission selection/upgrade agents screen?

Also is it possible to lose an agent during a mission and be able to rescue a different agent to fill the void?  Like let's say I have the original starting four Deckard, Internationale, Banks, and Shalem. During a mission let's say I happen to end up leaving one of them behind bringing me to 3 agents. Can i get a detention center mission and possibly rescue either Dr. Xu or Nika to as a replacement?

• Developer

Also is it possible to lose an agent during a mission and be able to rescue a different agent to fill the void?  Like let's say I have the original starting four Deckard, Internationale, Banks, and Shalem. During a mission let's say I happen to end up leaving one of them behind bringing me to 3 agents. Can i get a detention center mission and possibly rescue either Dr. Xu or Nika to as a replacement?

Hey, it works as you describe it here now, so if you have less than 4 agents and you haven't rescued them all yet, you may find one :-)

And you call this changes "little"? 

I have so much pleasure when read new descriptions, it's really amazing! And story, yeah, it's awesomest update ever! :encouragement:

there just some notes:

new shock trap description, about placed neural disruptor confuse a little (could be misunderstanded as disposal item)

IMO executive terminal objective: "locate executive" could be misunderstanded like "locate CEO"

bug: server farm mission, Nika's face instead of Central, "..." she said, no objectives (Nika & Xu in team) 

(after that in all missions Nika's face instead of Central)

some thing about Xue: unlike other agents he doesn't stand still when be in cover, is it bug or feature("keep groovin' bro" or person that prefer more scientific than in field work)?

new animated Incognita image on one screen with Catshop's, hmmm, looks little less cooler than before (different gamma etc)

high density charge pack, could be little confusing: is d.a.r.t gun energy weapon? possibly, but Shalem's rifle too? damn 2074!

met deaf guard =/ he was near the door to prison cells and not react to Captain's alert from inside, "very guarded", guy really in need of some ear augment :(

"Authority" is great! (but in my case it attract camera bot, who all this time was hiding in security elevator =/ level generation bug or feature?)

new K&O uniforme looks good, but vests that they wore before update was so much in style of corporative military/security appearance, miss them (I hope they come back in some way)

you know, the setting of invisible inc makes me feel like its the aftermath of the recent XCOM, about what happened to the military and the technology.

though thats just some elaborate imaginatio-

everyone uses tazers and plasma or biohazard weaponry

Guards are incredibly good at overwatch

Medgel

Augmentation

Latent form of psychic ability (electromagnetic sensitivity)

cloaking rigs

Automated Drones look like Shivs

K&O industries - Private, armed to the teeth military

poster shows what looks like a futuristic skyranger

...my god...

(p.s. definately not saying _ Inc setting is a rip off, i absolutely love it, i just found the comparison entertaining and very interesting)

also any chance of changing the plasma weaponry's sounds? the original sounds would be great for dart weaponry

• Developer

bug: server farm mission, Nika's face instead of Central, "..." she said, no objectives (Nika & Xu in team) 

(after that in all missions Nika's face instead of Central)

Sometimes Central pops in to give you objectives as before. But when she doesn't, your agents will bring their own brand of sass. Nika can be terse. Sometimes she just gives an intense stare as the elevator doors open.

• Developer

Is it gonna be possible to field all 6 agents during missions at some point? 

In the traditional Story mode, probably not. We've balanced the game to be fun for 2-4 agents and felt that more ended up being a bit too much micromanagement to keep the stealthy spy feeling. 

Sometimes Central pops in to give you objectives as before. But when she doesn't, your agents will bring their own brand of sass. Nika can be terse. Sometimes she just gives an intense stare as the elevator doors open.

It's great, if you not joking, but she (it still only Nika) keep call herself "Central")

I think the Cloaking Rig II should work like the Cloaking Rig I, but with a limit of 6 tiles and no cooldown reduction. The Cloaking Rig III should increase the limit to 8 tiles and should not have an area effect.

An augment that increases the running bonus to 6 would be nice. The Anatomy Analysis augment should reduce the alarm level by 1, because removing the alarm is too strong and a little boring.

Sorry for quoting myself, but i had a follow-up idea:

Currently most agents have unique abilities, but the abilities of Deckard and Shalem can be purchased at a store. I think they should have unique abilities, too.

Deckard should be able to use the running mode anytime and if Shalem kills a guard the alarm level should only increase by 1 (cumulative with the augment).

Some of the more advanced players may feel that these level changes make the game easier, and they probably have. Do not fear, we have work in progress that will ratchet things up again. Just in ways hopefully more interesting than more and more bad guys filling up the space.

Perhaps closing doors should cost 1 AP to make the game more difficult. This would fit to the running mode, because the agent is either more stealthy or faster.

Could you also check story mode, please? I'm not sure, but looks like it go endless now

0 hours remain but nothing happens

I had the same problem. I just played one more mission, and INSOMNIAC/Final Mission (Whatever you want to call it.) appeared.

Archived