What are YOUR stupider deaths?

I was playing through adventure mode again with maxwell to try and free Wes. It was going pretty well, I made it to the 3rd world as planned, sat through the 10 days of winter in 'the game is afoot' and had at least 3 different types of mobs deal with the deerclops for me. 

Then once winter was over and I had completely prepared myself, I set off to go find Wes. I went through the tentacle maze first because I had a walking cane which meant there was no problem getting through. Then of course I circled the entire swamp area, and found nothing (not even one of the things, what kinda of cruelty...).

Started heading back, and then I heard the hounds. "easy peasy, right? I'll just run back through the maze and they'll all drop off one by one. What a genius I am!"

But then of course I wasn't genius enough to take a look at the map. I took a wrong turn and ended up at a dead end. Corned by a hound and standing right on top of a tentacle, I died very quickly...

I didn't even think to put on my armor ;_; 

Archived