What are YOUR stupider deaths?

It was at day 20+ or so, when I was discovered by a cluster of hounds so I went around up top coming from the east because they came from the south. But to my surprise there was a hound fortress(set piece) directly where I was headed for. The hounds pincer attacked me and I was devoured in seconds by no less than ten hounds! I had all my resources and tools with me when I died. But luckily I just had activated a nearby touch stone a few 5-8 screens away from where I died.

Now comes the stupid part, I waltzed back in trying to sneak past all the hound mounds in the south through the very edges and get my stuff back... and surprise surprise, the hounds never left my stuff. I never should have even tried to dodge them in the first place... towards a place I've never explored before.

And that's my stupider death, death by recklessness.

Correction : There is no word "STUPIDER" , that word never exist

Actually, it is "stupid, stupider, stupidest."

Back on topic, I remember another one of my stupid deaths. (I'm beginning to realize I have several.)

I was exploring the caves as Wigfrid when I came across a bunnyman village. (You can already see how this is unfolding.) So I was being clever, as always, and stashed my meats in snow chester so they wouldn't suspect anything.

That's when the worms attacked! Realizing I was surrounded by helpful bunnymen, I grabbed a few carrots off the ground and quickly rounded up an army. The worms didn't stand a chance.

"Good job, guys!" I told my army of ten or so bunnymen. Then I proceeded to grab the worm loot.

The loot, as you may know, included monster meat.

"MURDERER! UNCLEAN! KILL! HOP!"

My army of fluffy bunnymen tore me apart in a matter of seconds. Even after making sure I had all the precautions, I still died because I forgot the golden rule for bunnymen.

I am a clever blundering buffoon.  :distrust:

Your stories have all been great everyone, thanks, fun reads!

I've died to Charlie at 100-plus days, but the dumbest one that comes to mind is:

I'm on my way back to base after gathering a bunch of supplies, and am passing through a frog pond area. I notice a seed on the ground and decide to grab it for quick snack to tide me over on the way back. A frog spots me and starts attacking, knocking items out of my inventory one by one. At first I'm annoyed, and try to avoid him while also gathering my things back up, but I fail at both.

All of a sudden I get really mad. This jerk won't leave me alone so I can just gather my things and go home.This isn't supposed to happen, I'm in charge here!

"You, you piece of s*** frog, you're going down!"

I start wailing on him with my walking cane, nevermind his attacks or anything else. I should have minded. I wasn't wearing armor and was already low on health from other encounters. I died. To a frog. Because I wanted a seed.

I killed deerclops for the first time, it was about to be night but my inventory was full and I was carrying something, like a fool I made a torch too late but I dropped it on the ground and I was near bats and a pig village, the bats made it impossible for me to concentrate on things and Charlie got me, and of course when I resurrected those pigs ATE MY DEERCLOPS EYE.

Stupider death is my first ever death, before I used Wiki extensively for this game: I just waited till the first night then died :)
But when I knew alot about the game, stupider is easily a death in front of a pack of berries bushes, whose guardian pig hidden behind one, just hit me and I was at 10-15 hp without armor. So stupid I wanted to do a break mind you :)

Playing on "Light out" preset, already got enough goodies then realises I don't have any cut grass anymore and no torches... No nearest tree and grass plant, just stuck near my well lit fire pit until the darkness attacked me.

• Developer

What a nice place to set my base!

*sets base*

*walks a few feet away*

*finds 2 walrus camps*

Well, no prob.

*winter cones*

*follows mysterious dirt pile*

*finds Warg*

*Died to Warg and hounds*

I had 3 touch stones and if I'm not mistaken the other 1 or 2 times the Warg and the hounds killed me again.

A friend died in Survival mode, so I decided to make a tell-tale heart.
I thought all that was needed is 20 health, but it's actually 40.

Made one and die along with him.

Oh man, just the other day I went for what was meant to be a quick afternoon trip to cut some wood near camp. For some reason I left most of my stuff behind, including (unfortunately) my miner's hat and any materials I could use to create a torch. What was I thinking?!

When it got late I started running back to camp ("I can make it!") But darkness fell just as I was coming in to camp. Too crowded to create a fire from scratch or just to aim for the fire pit and "add fuel" like crazy. So I died of darkness in the middle of my camp, right next to a fire pit.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

You probably already know tactics with fireflies, but I usually leave some fireflies around my camp with torches beneath them. That's saved me countless times when getting back to base three seconds too late

You probably already know tactics with fireflies, but I usually leave some fireflies around my camp with torches beneath them. That's saved me countless times when getting back to base three seconds too late

I just keep a torch on me at all times.

Archived