Music missing?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for it since I haven't seen any threads here about that but...when I play DST, music is completely absent. I wondered if that was just happening for me or if that is a general "issue".

I realize it's not really game breaking but I'm so used to the music at dawn etc that it feels weird to me when it is missing haha

Alright Mithrandir. Do you use any mods? I especially mean mods what change the gameplay. That happened me once when I was using the dusk mod and I'm pretty versed in DS music managing. If you modify the fsb sound files, things like missing sound or wrong sound playing in different day cycles could happen. However, I doubt that you did something like that. :jaded:

Alright Mithrandir. Do you use any mods? I especially mean mods what change the gameplay. That happened me once when I was using the dusk mod and I'm pretty versed in DS music managing. If you modify the fsb sound files, things like missing sound or wrong sound playing in different day cycles could happen. However, I doubt that you did something like that. :jaded:

Nope, I haven't changed the gamefiles in any way nor am I running any mods atm. So I guess this isn't a problem with DST itself but it comes from my side? 

I remember seeing somewhere in the code a comment about dynamic music being disabled for now because it wouldn't work properly. My guess is that weird stuff happened with it, like maybe everyone got music based on what was happening to the host, or each time anyone did something that would trigger music it would override music for everyone.

Edit: It was in player_common:

--TODO AFTER PAX: V2C: dynamic music not network safe yet        --inst:AddComponent("dynamicmusic")

Interestingly, if you add the line

inst:AddComponent("dynamicmusic") 

back above the if TheWorld.ismastersim block, you'll get the daybreak/duskfall music back. The rest of the music only seems to happen when you're the host. But I didn't hear from any other players in the games about whether they were hearing it, too.

Archived