Hey Klei and other members of the Don't starve together hype train.

I have recently discovered that i got 2 beta keys, but after i redeemed one i realised that it only works on Windows and not my Mac. This annoyed me a lot because i would have played with one of my friends who doesn't own a copy of don't starve and would have been able to get him to get the full version. 

I looked into the FAQ about other platforms and it said that they are considering the game only being on PC for the beta. I would strongly advise against this as Mac specific bugs are a pain in the ass, and bringing out the Mac port should be done in Beta, like all the previous don't starve betas.

The biggest issue is that Klei has sort of a history of once the game is fully out and they have finished releasing content of letting the bugs sit there. A good example of this was RoG fixing bugs that were in the default game, which makes no sense at all, and then not branching the patches over to the default game. I feel like this might happen to Mac client bugs if they don't bring it out during the Beta

Does anyone agree or have slightly differing opinions on this i am very interested in how the other Mac uses feel about this

Don't mean to sound rude, but if you plan on playing games, mac is not the right choice, mac is never the right choice for gaming, mac is more for work and documents and all that other stuff, i suggest you buy a windows pc, or i've heared you can actually install windows on a mac, virtual drive maybe?, dont quote me on this but you may want to research about that abit,

Don't mean to sound rude, but if you plan on playing games, mac is not the right choice, mac is never the right choice for gaming, mac is more for work and documents and all that other stuff, i suggest you buy a windows pc, or i've heared you can actually install windows on a mac, virtual drive maybe?, dont quote me on this but you may want to research about that abit,

I think it's called wine - the virtual computer thing

i think it's either

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

or

https://www.winehq.org/

Hey,

You have a valid point but i am currently saving up for a flashy PC, because i am sick of games not porting over to mac....

But yeah i still think that games should come out on both especially if they have catered to both in the past

I think it's called wine - the virtual computer thing

i think it's either

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

or

https://www.winehq.org/

Yup try wine, it's not a best  choice, but it will propably work. If you have a plenty of time I recommend you to install windows under your mac through boot camp or through wmware, but at first try wine :)

Wine will not work. Even though some steam games might be played, this is not the case for DS RoG, so same thing for DST. You could try with Parallels though but I think you should expect same results as for Wine.

The only reliable solution I am using right now is Bootcamp, and it works perfectly. You'll need a copy of Windows 7 to install it on your Mac however.

Hey,

You have a valid point but i am currently saving up for a flashy PC, because i am sick of games not porting over to mac....

But yeah i still think that games should come out on both especially if they have catered to both in the past

I suggest not to save tons of money and buy the pc prebuilt, but buy a crappy pc, and upgrade it overtime, you know, add more ram, a better graphics card, you know man, i know not everyone can efford it but don't starve doesn't require a beast computer to run so, good luck on doing that, man

I did exactly what you've done LoneBarren...

I was very excited and was going to install my game, then it said 'invalid platform'

I remember ticking 'Mac user' on my form -- so why did they give us keys in the first place if its only for PC?

I'm kind of disappointed about this and very mad..

I also, don't have Windows, but I have keys, but I'm going to try Bootcamp and hopefully it will work.

Here is tutorial how to run terraria on mac (maybe this will work with DnS together, i can't test it because I doesn't have mac) Link will redirect you on terraria reddit, try to run it like this. Hope this work for you guys :-)

http://goo.gl/B03d2B

EDIT: You no need bootcamp

Here is tutorial how to run terraria on mac (maybe this will work with DnS together, i can't test it because I doesn't have mac) Link will redirect you on terraria reddit, try to run it like this. Hope this work for you guys :-)

http://goo.gl/B03d2B

EDIT: You no need bootcamp

So, you mind sharing what you did to the wrapper to get it to work? I just get "error during initialization" when trying to run DST using the wrapper. It's the same wrapper I use to run terraria, but that shouldn't break DST...

Did you see Mac section in Steam lately?

"Buy new computer" is really helpful also DS is on Mac so there is no problem and its running flawlessly even on my Macbook Air. YES we need to wait a little longer for DST on Mac but its coming and i hope Klei learn from ROG and DS and fix all bugs before releasing to public (not that there were no bugs on PC). Thats why we are here to help them .)

Did you see Mac section in Steam lately?

"Buy new computer" is really helpful also DS is on Mac so there is no problem and its running flawlessly even on my Macbook Air. YES we need to wait a little longer for DST on Mac but its coming and i hope Klei learn from ROG and DS and fix all bugs before releasing to public (not that there were no bugs on PC). Thats why we are here to help them .)

It's actually not yet confirmed to be for anything but PC yet. I'd be surprised if it wasn't on other things, but alas, it's still true.

I did exactly what you've done LoneBarren...

I was very excited and was going to install my game, then it said 'invalid platform'

I remember ticking 'Mac user' on my form -- so why did they give us keys in the first place if its only for PC?

I'm kind of disappointed about this and very mad..

They give out the keys randomly. 

Archived