effective and efficient BEEFALO pen

naimo

i read a thread about this one and he was asking about this, so ill try to help him by letting you guys post all your wonderful and very cunning architectural and engineering worthy beefalo pens. you can post description or ideas but photos are the best...

i dont have mine yet but im planning a big pen with a separate slaughter space, that when i kill a beefalo there the herd wont go crazy by destrying my walls in a desperate effort to save the other beefalo.. 

please support this thread thankss

its not like i copied his thread,, he just asked something about the beefalo pen, etc.. here im asking for photos and description of their beefalo pens, but if you think that this thread is being redundant... ill put it down

If you try to kill a Beefalo in the same pen as others they will wreck you and any walls in their way. Best to pull a few away and kill them.

In all honesty, I don't see much use for a Beefalo pen, except to protect some from Giants. If you're wanting to farm them, why not blow the horn and lure a few away from the main herd. Then kill them? Save on walls and time.

Curious to see why others pen Beefalo up tho.

If you try to kill a Beefalo in the same pen as others they will wreck you and any walls in their way. Best to pull a few away and kill them.

Yeah, walls are pretty useless .... unfortunately...

However beefalo pens are mostly only for decorating your base or make your beefalo field look less wild.

In rare cases for a long term world you perhaps need to wall off beefalos because they start to wander towards your base and will corrupt it. Building a wall can stop them.

i only have few beefalo now, and still w8ng for them to reproduce.. i made a pen so that i can organize base and make a slaughter house (using traps) to automatically harvest some meat, like a 20% in a day 1 beefalo will die.. i dont like luring them away then kill them cuase thats time consuming. anyways my pen is still under construction ^^ i hope it works pretty well

I have a wall running across the savanna biome to keep Beefalo from coming towards my base... That I understand. But why an actual pen for them? I have one with koalefant in there so I guess it's kinda the same thing, except I can kill one without the rest coming after me.

In my opinion, the best way to farm them is to go in the middle of a tight pack and ring that bell

Get the old bell... Stand in the middle of a large tight pack, ring that sucker, wait for the percentage to drop, then run slightly away.

After Biiiigfoot comes, grab all the loot. Need more? Rinse and repeat!

I'm thinking about lining roads with Beefalo horns. I have 9 full chests, plus another 40 or so that are just laying around. I really wish they'd stack!

Archived