Tips for Wigfrid

1. Locate your base near rabbit holes. When you manage to make a crock pot you can make yourself meatballs, with will fill almost 1/2 of your hunger meter. And speaking of hunger meter, keep your eye on it.

2. She regenerates health and sanity while killing monsters, so with her special items and some wood armor she can work miracles in situations other characters would have to escape. Don't overdo it though

Aaand that's all I can think about right now. Aside from that she's pretty much standard.

I hope I helped

if you can find somewhere with ponds AND rabbit holes nearby you'll have very easy food all year round... But wigfried is a combat character, i feel like it's a waste of her potential to be living off trapped animals.

her special items require gold so i usually set up camp near the pig king... you can feed monster meat to the pigs to turn them into werepigs then kill them for meat, or feed monster jerky to the pig king for gold nuggets. Obviously then, what you need is a lot of monster meat - set up some spider dens nearby. make yourself a birdcage so you can turn monster jerky into eggs. Then live off bacon and eggs. could be worse.

plus theres always a cave near the pig king so thats handy too, saves travelling when all you want is some lightbulbs. 

Just be careful when returning home on a full moon, if you're near your base at the start of dusk all the pigs will go home to bed, but if not you might come back to many many werepigs.

With Wigfrid you'll want to set up a crock pot as soon as possible, so that you can start using vegetables with your meat to make meatballs.  Bacon and eggs is your ultimate goal, but meatballs are also very good.  Meaty stew is somewhat wasted on wigfrid, as she only has 120 hunger, so you waste at least 30 food value from meaty stews.   In the early stages, moles are a decent food source - kill every one you see. pigs or merms can be good but they'll gang up on you.  Even monster meat in a pinch, as long as you can find something to fight afterward to regain the sanity and health.  Wigfrid's most vulnerable point is the pre-crockpot early game, so your main focus should be getting that pot.  She's a character that I don't try to outline the whole map before basing.    

Usually I just try to find what appears to be the middle of the map, near rabbit burrows or frog ponds, and make a very simple base, and then look for enough gold and stone for the alchemy engine followed by crockpot.  You're mainly looking for the mosaic biome, as you can get enough gold and stone there, and also pick up a couple meats and a tallbird egg at the very least.  If you're lucky you'll have a tallfort, and then you've got no problems whatsoever.  Once I have that first crockpot, then I do more seriously exploring until I find the final base site.  Always be setting up crockpots at strategic locations, so that you can take advantage of ingredients in the field.

Beefalo and pig villages are obvious prime base locations - personally I usually prioritize being in the center of the map over being right by pigs or beefalo.  Once you get a bird cage you don't need to be that close to any of you 'on the hoof' meat.   Frog ponds are also excellent food sources.  Especially in the spring - set up bee hives near the ponds and it will just be a constant massacre, with free frog legs and honey everywhere.  You can get a similar effect in summer and autumn by having a pig village set up nearby.  They'll kill some frogs, frogs will kill some pigs, and if the frogs win then the meat will be there, since frogs don't eat it.  Pigs either don't eat frog legs, or can't eat them fast enough, as there's always frog legs around it seems like.

Wigfried is probably the easiest character to play with, because she can survive just fine on cooked monster meat, with any other meat food inbetween. Still, I found that meat is easy enough to come by even without relying on rabbit holes.

Of course, you'll want to make a Crock Pot asap.

When I played as Wigfrid I built my base near a bunch of ponds. Far enough that the frogs dont wander to your base. The frog legs and fish are good for recipes or you can just dry them and get... jerky... to eat or for other recipes. Also building a bird cage and having a spiders nests near by is good. You then kill the spiders, cook the monster meat and feed it to your bird for eggs to make eggs and bacon!!!! Rabbit holes are a good source of food also of course! Just kill everything when you are playing as Wigfird :)

More drying racks than usual is probably a good idea.

Archived