More than 4 max players per server (Tutorial)

YOu need to edit this or find out how to do it now.  The file is different.  I want my 8 player server back :(

It's now a constant.

Open data\scripts\tuning.lua and search for MAX_SERVER_SIZE, change it to the number you want.

@XirmiX If it's crashing your game, then you must've damaged that file in some way, because it worked for me.

The only thing I did was add another amount of people being able to join in a map, and that was before the update. Aside from that, I've done nothing wrong. The only numbers I saw in that line were "i=2" so I changed the2 to 16. I do not know how this new piece of shi.. I mean piece of program works so I have no idea if I did what you said to do right. How about show some pictures of the program with before and after. That way I know what to change. I haven't got a broken game, so if I did everything the same way you did, but it didn't work for me, while it did for you, well then you're wizard. :3

@XirmiX .... you quoted JCMais:

It's now a constant.

Open data\scripts\tuning.lua and search for MAX_SERVER_SIZE, change it to the number you want.

And now you're saying you're editing servercreationscreen.lua. You're editing the wrong file. Also, i=2 is the start point, it makes options for server size of 2, 3, 4. So when you set 2 to 16, it goes 16, then realizes 16 is greater than 4, and doesn't make any options at all.

If you actually did what he said to do, it would be working like it's supposed to.

• Developer

Thanks dude!

Yeah, sorry about that: it got changed and I didn't realize it so it didn't get put into the patch notes. I'll put it into today's hotfix (which will includes making the scoreboard screen handle larger servers) patch notes so the information is more readily available. Glad you got it sorted, though!

@XirmiX .... you quoted JCMais:

And now you're saying you're editing servercreationscreen.lua. You're editing the wrong file. Also, i=2 is the start point, it makes options for server size of 2, 3, 4. So when you set 2 to 16, it goes 16, then realizes 16 is greater than 4, and doesn't make any options at all.

If you actually did what he said to do, it would be working like it's supposed to.

The what AM I supposed to change to get more players?! There are no other numbers in that line! And what the actual F?! servercreationscreen.lua is what we all changed before the update to get more players in! You've confused me so freakin' much! And as I asked: how about you show me what I DO need to change instead of talk about stuff that literally doesn't make any freakin' sence?!

Cause I searched for SERVER_MAX_SIZE or whatever the thing was called and it didn't have anything to do with this! Wtf am I supposed to do?!?!?!?!

Cause I searched for SERVER_MAX_SIZE or whatever the thing was called and it didn't have anything to do with this! Wtf am I supposed to do?!?!?!?!

I"m going to quote myself here:

It's now a constant.

The what AM I supposed to change to get more players?! There are no other numbers in that line! And what the actual F?! servercreationscreen.lua is what we all changed before the update to get more players in! You've confused me so freakin' much! And as I asked: how about you show me what I DO need to change instead of talk about stuff that literally doesn't make any freakin' sence?!

Once you get to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\data\scripts

open "tuning.lua" with notepad or another similar program, then you will see this: 

post-464982-0-02927300-1415327584_thumb.

Honestly I think his problem is he is looking in the original file path that is mentioned in the beginning of the thread and doesn't(didn't) realize he has to open a different file which the path is now clearly spelled out in Infected's above post.  Hope thats the problem dude and that all this helped.  Don't taze me bro. XD  

Once you get to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\data\scripts

open "tuning.lua" with notepad or another similar program, then you will see this: 

attachicon.gifplayers.jpg

Thanks. I guess that it's sublime editor to blame here. Cause it located me to another place where MAX_SERVER_SIZE was written in the tuning.lua file and I assumed that's where I needed to change something.

Honestly I think his problem is he is looking in the original file path that is mentioned in the beginning of the thread and doesn't(didn't) realize he has to open a different file which the path is now clearly spelled out in Infected's above post.  Hope thats the problem dude and that all this helped.  Don't taze me bro. XD  

LOL, I won't taze you, but emm, read the above /\

Archived