So, I just barely got my beta keys to this yesterday.  I played on a server that my friend set up, and noticed that there were little character pop ups so I could see where he was.  Unfortunately, it seems to have disappeared really fast, and I would lose track of him easily.  Is there a party option?

Also, how about a server wide boardcast?

Or maybe a way to see where each other was on the map?  Or share maps?  I don't know, there's a number of things I don't understand about it yet.

I'm not in beta but know some stuff.

- Host can see where each player is;

- I don't know how broadcast works;

- You can (probably) see other players if they are on your revealed part of the map;

- Everybody has it's own map, and cannot be shared. It might change depending on beta testers reactions.

I hope I helped.

I'm in beta and I can confirm some stuff : 

- You can see other players if they are on your revealed part of the map.
That sounds good for me.

- Seems only host can see all other players.
- Other players can only see near player on their map.

In my humble opinion, it'll be greatly appreciated if North is indicate on everyone's map.
I was playing with a friend and telling him "I'm on the left or west" but as I changed my point of view, he couldn't find me at all. 

Hope it helped, and tell me if I'm wrong.

I agree with Toros.

I've seen a suggestion to allow creating a copy of your current exploration map to give to others as a consumable, like the books. I like this idea regardless.

I would not want to be visible on the map to anyone hostile in a PVP environment.

Another suggestion was making the compass point to other players, but I suggest having the compass in inventory adds a north marker on your map and when specifically using the compass would be nice if it put a marker on the edge of the screen or minimap.

Archived