Widley's World

post-209578-0-61395800-1412787845_thumb.

Yes! We are thriving in this crazy world! Not only that, but even this tiny creature is making it. 

post-209578-0-84273800-1412788065_thumb. He has been named, "Sir Puffball" by my companions. This picture is outdated, because it is now a teen bird.

It has been great to meet all those who have joined my world. While I don't remember everyone's name, you all have been a lot of fun, and I hope to continue meeting new and old visitors. I most admire the contributions everyone has made to the base, be it tiny or huge ( holy cow, was it you rezecib that populated the swap with a ton of flowers? )

As someone who arrived shortly after spiderqueens first started roaming the world, working with random strangers or known friends has made this world much more fun. Never before have I had the chance to hide in bushes to confuse people. Even things I took as mundane such as beefalo, are now fun to mess with and joke about with whoever is around.

I look forward to meeting more people, (especially you forumers! and any devs who want to drop by and say hi! ). For those who can not join yet, I eagerly want to play with you. Right now you aren't missing that much; as no caves, robots, ROG elements, and adventure remove a lot of elements that provide late and mid world fun.  We are also almost out of rocks. 

So no matter when you can join me, who has and who will help me conquer this world?!

post-209578-0-46232800-1412821054_thumb.

This was the worst tall bird raising experience I have ever had. However, the project was a success. Sir Puffball grew up and left to kill pigs. I think this is the first documented tallbird in DST! It stopped following on reconnection to the server and I had to chase it around for 16 days, cramming food down its throat, surviving two hound attacks, cleaned the fridge, etc. etc. etc..   :cower:

I built a pen for rabbits and had around 30 rabbits in my army. I was the rabbit lord. I had a army of rabbits at my command. Sadly, after the tallbird grew up a dearclops attacked the base. The deerclops went straight for the rabbit pen and killed my rabbit army. There was only two survivors.

post-360877-0-97548600-1412831694_thumb.

post-360877-0-76326500-1412831370_thumb.

-Varactor

I built a pen for rabbits and had around 30 rabbits in my army. I was the rabbit lord. I had a army of rabbits at my command. Sadly, after the tallbird grew up a dearclops attacked the base. The deerclops went straight for the rabbit pen and killed my rabbit army. There was only two survivors.

attachicon.gif2014-10-08_00001.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-10-08_00009.jpg

-Varactor

I almost died laughing.  :lol:

I believe Quady said you were the Lord of Bunnies, Recezib was the High Chancellor, and Quady was High Duke.

I almost died laughing. :lol:

I believe Quady said you were the Lord of Bunnies, Recezib was the High Chancellor, and Quady was High Duke.

Varactor was Lord of the Bunnies, (Ridley or rezecib or both were the Lords of Beards) rezecib was the High Duke of Bunnies and I was the Chancellor of Bunnies. It's a very royal system. I'm sad I missed the fall of our kingdom to the terrible Deerclops! Sorry I couldn't get on last night, had some car troubles and that was a little more pressing than DST unfortunately. :(

You were Lord of the Bunnies, (and later the Lord of Beards) Recezib was the High Duke of Bunnies and I was the Chancellor of Bunnies. It's a very royal system. I'm sad I missed the fall of our kingdom to the terrible Deerclops! Sorry I couldn't get on last night, had some car troubles and that was a little more pressing than DST unfortunately. :(

No problem. We didn't play very long because we nearly starved to death trying to raise the teen bird to tall bird. Then Deerclops created a huge mess.

Hey Klei, we tested what happens when you use "The End is Nigh" on a unsuspecting Wx78 player. Good news, the game only looks like it is about to crash when the ground shakes and the world turns red. Poor Quady willingly allowed us to preform a secret test, and as Wilson shouted, "QUICK! HIT HIM!", Wickerbottom apologized before dropping his sanity to zero.

Sadly, I do not have a picture of the chaos. I do have a picture of Madcap and I trying to convince Quady to let us do it again.

post-209578-0-51531000-1412920192_thumb.

I guess it would be good to post this and future videos I do on the server here, since it is relevant and moderately entertaining content. :razz:

[CLOSED BETA] Don't Starve Together - Quady's First Session (Widley's World)

I recorded another short bit of footage tonight and we had some fun happenings during that time, so I'll have to upload it once I get everything edited together. I should also definitely start streaming when I jump on the server!

Hey Klei, we tested what happens when you use "The End is Nigh" on a unsuspecting Wx78 player. Good news, the game only looks like it is about to crash when the ground shakes and the world turns red. Poor Quady willingly allowed us to preform a secret test, and as Wilson shouted, "QUICK! HIT HIM!", Wickerbottom apologized before dropping his sanity to zero.

Sadly, I do not have a picture of the chaos. I do have a picture of Madcap and I trying to convince Quady to let us do it again.

I got the whole fiasco recorded I'm pretty sure, so don't worry Ridley, everyone can see your dastardly trickery in motion soon enough! :grin:

Also I'm pretty sure you gave WX-78 some nasty flashbacks to memories of Broken Clockwork Rooks in the Ruins smashing into Ancient Pseudoscience Stations with him nearby. So much lightning, all his insanity gone in an instant. It hurts so good. XD

Alright, just got done uploading the videos from last night, here's some Haunting fun I had last night after getting unexpectedly murdered by bees, and the aforementioned "Make WX-78 Go Insane" experiment. FOR SCIENCE!

[CLOSED BETA] Don't Starve Together - Spoopy Times with Ghostly WX-78

[CLOSED BETA] Don't Starve Together - Ghost Warrior Army & ZAPPING ME FOR SCIENCE!

I have more shenanigans captured for everyones' viewing pleasure. We go one step further with the "Drive WX-78 insane" thing this time, I'm not sure if it was intentional or not to be honest. XD

[CLOSED BETA] Don't Starve Together - Koalaphant Wrangling & Teleportation Terror

Now I regret not signing up for the beta :) this looks like so much fun!

I hope people wont stop having that much fun after DST comes out for real.

That all depends on the people you play with. The inhabitants of Widley's World seem like a fun bunch that'll probably still be able to have fun later on in DST development/releass. Plus DST on release should be a lot more optimised and have more content (all vanilla characters, caves) then it has right now!

Keep up the fun Widley n co!

Wow, I really want to play with you guys. I had one question though. I thought when a player dies it lowers everyone's health down. Is that true? I don't want to mess you up.

It may take a chunk of HP, but only the ghost loses max health. Unless you revive using a amulet. Everyone is welcome regardless of their game knowledge.

I have been testing a 8 player server and there is no set time for when the server will be up. I am trying more to at least 5 or 6 players, but it is hard.

My ping remains at "???", but I think that means that steam could not look into my computer to find out the ping or something. Someone told me I have the best connection for them, so the ??? ping might be a firewall problem. 

Yeah compared to most servers I've been on Widley's World has the least rubber banding issues. There's still some delay in combat and item gathering but it's quite bearable so long as you don't try to fight a pack of hounds solo or something like that. We did manage to team up against a spider queen and her spawn and win despite the slight hitlag, that was pretty satisfying. ;)

Archived