Silly as the title may seem I actually have a reason for it.

I wouldn't label this a bug, so much as an "issue" that would need to be fixed.

In game, ghosts are unaffected by Charlie, right?

They're allowed to go through solid objects, etc.

And there's no speed boost from a road because you're a ghost and your feet can't touch it.

But for some reason, as a ghost, when you float over spider webs, you get the same speed penalty as a living character.

To me that makes no sense at all.

Following that, would it be possible in the future to not only look into the spider web thing, but to make it possible for ghosts to float over the ocean for a certain amount before the character decides it's too far?

I would find that somewhat interesting so you could just float over to different areas separated by small bodies of water and look around the area easier.

I vote no for the floating on water thing, and think the web penalty is a bug.

Well the floating thing is mostly for small bodies of water, you are actually able to map out the water areas.

But, I am not saying that you should be able to map out as a ghost anyways. Almost all landmasses have connection to the main land you spawned on.

Even if that gets rejected, it's not a big deal anyways. Just a suggestion to travel the land easier.

As for the spider webs, I really don't believe it's a bug, so much as an unimplemented fix.

It is brought to attention as it is in the thread, but that's just my opinion.

Agreed.

Already went through talking about this.

My only suggestion with this is because, well, you're a ghost. Floating over the cracks in land could help find touchstones if you have only that to revive you.

It doesn't matter either way really, whether it becomes a thing or not.

As for the webs, I don't think it's a bug as much as it is some code not yet edited yet.

It has already been reported either way.

Already went through talking about this.

My only suggestion with this is because, well, you're a ghost. Floating over the cracks in land could help find touchstones if you have only that to revive you.

It doesn't matter either way really, whether it becomes a thing or not.

As for the webs, I don't think it's a bug as much as it is some code not yet edited yet.

It has already been reported either way.

Touchstones don't work in DST

Touchstones don't work in DST

They work, just differently. You have to haunt a touchstone as a ghost to use it, rather than activate it while alive and respawning back at it when you die. So you can roam the world in search of undiscovered touchstones once you become a ghost, which is what he was referring to.

When would you ever use a touchstone then?

If you're playing solo, it's probably faster (and you'll have more fun) restarting than hunting for a touchstone.

If you have friends, you'd want to save touchstones for a wipe.

When would you ever use a touchstone then?

If you're playing solo, it's probably faster (and you'll have more fun) restarting than hunting for a touchstone.

If you have friends, you'd want to save touchstones for a wipe.

Namely because a touchstone doesn't cap off your health.

Meat Effigies and the Tell-Tale Heart do.

That's really the only reason they're liked so much.

Honestly I want to think we may have messed up a tad in our world by using all the touchstones so soon.

If we all die, we'll have to restart the server completely.

But finding them can be crucial when playing with friends, especially if you're all dead(wiped).

If one person can find a touchstone, build up a bit to heal themselves, they can make you a Tell-Tale Heart and bring you back as well.

Understand you will have penalty, but it's better than having to constantly restart if you've started building up quite a bit.

Meat Effigy only caps the maker's health, and I'm not sure if it goes away when someone else uses it. I hope it does, because Wilson only has so much health to give. 

We should test that at some point.

I haven't seen how that works yet.

I don't want to die again though. Even if it is for "science". :'(

Archived