For those not in the current beta.

Four minutes of recording crashing and not logging on, impressive or psychotic? I can't decide which.

(And for those in the Beta ATM, try rebooting your computer.) 

There's a reason I curled up into a fetal ball after dealing with the fallout.  

I also Curled up into a fetal ball, after Getting accepted in, Then not being able to use keys, because Mac.

Its fine though, I'm sure They will make it Compatible in the future!

I also Curled up into a fetal ball, after Getting accepted in, Then not being able to use keys, because Mac.

Its fine though, I'm sure They will make it Compatible in the future!

It takes some work, but you could most likely install windows on your mac (bootcamp). That way you'd only have to buy windows, not a computer. I'd have suggested Wineskins and such, but those almost always increase the bugginess and are a bit tedious to set up for Steam games...

Post more! I like to see evolution of things and that video was fun too bad I have to wait a week for it!

but but server list comes out with a search bar later on right? Because reasons.

annnnd we will can set a spawn point? maybe with a item or something similar. Entering in server during the winter in a random spot it's not fun at all.

It takes some work, but you could most likely install windows on your mac (bootcamp). That way you'd only have to buy windows, not a computer. I'd have suggested Wineskins and such, but those almost always increase the bugginess and are a bit tedious to set up for Steam games...

Yeah, I run Bootcamp (for Windows 7) on my mac, and DS runs smoothly (although I get lag due to my MacBook being from 2009). Not sure about DST, but I'm sure running it on a Bootcamped Mac shouldn't be an issue.

At least your "It's your first time" message goes away 100% of the time. I can't even get past that.

Well, once every 10-15 tries I can. Then it crashes.

DISCLAIMER: Despite the difficulties in actually getting to play, the absurd amount lag, the bugs, I'm having lots of fun.

No regrets! :D

• Developer

At least your "It's your first time" message goes away 100% of the time. I can't even get past that.

Well, once every 10-15 tries I can. Then it crashes.

DISCLAIMER: Despite the difficulties in actually getting to play, the absurd amount lag, the bugs, I'm having lots of fun.

No regrets! :grin:

We just set a build live that we think deals with the crash itself, but one thing you might want to try if you're having difficulty with the "you don't have an account yet" dialog is to, after booting the game, make sure you wait for a few seconds until the little Steam overlay notification pops up in the corner. The game has to register with Steam and its networking stuff and things can get a little messy if you ask it to start doing networking stuff (i.e. by clicking Play Online) before it's fully connected. If you wait until after you see the Steam overlay notification, you might have a smoother experience.

We just set a build live that we think deals with the crash itself, but one thing you might want to try if you're having difficulty with the "you don't have an account yet" dialog is to, after booting the game, make sure you wait for a few seconds until the little Steam overlay notification pops up in the corner. The game has to register with Steam and its networking stuff and things can get a little messy if you ask it to start doing networking stuff (i.e. by clicking Play Online) before it's fully connected. If you wait until after you see the Steam overlay notification, you might have a smoother experience.

Long story short: new build, old problems.

Remember this bug? It's back with a vengeance. I tried rebooting the game, steam, my PC, my internet, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice (once without doing anything special and the other time restarting everything), I offered a goat to the gods and I even stood up from my PC... It's not going away.

Regarding the account issue I had in the previous build, I tried waiting, be it 5, 10, 20 or 120 seconds: it didn't work. On the contrary, a couple times I managed to skip past it by rushing the LMB even in the loading screen... I was trying to simulate a crash out of rage, but I guess I instead temporarily fixed it. The hell?

• Developer

Long story short: new build, old problems.

Remember this bug? It's back with a vengeance. I tried rebooting the game, steam, my PC, my internet, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice (once without doing anything special and the other time restarting everything), I offered a goat to the gods and I even stood up from my PC... It's not going away.

Regarding the account issue I had in the previous build, I tried waiting, be it 5, 10, 20 or 120 seconds: it didn't work. On the contrary, a couple times I managed to skip past it by rushing the LMB even in the loading screen... I was trying to simulate a crash out of rage, but I guess I instead temporarily fixed it. The hell?

Hmm, that's curious. Thanks for the info! We only locked those threads because we wanted to make it easier to figure out if the issues were still occurring after the new build (signaled by new reports getting written). Would you mind writing new reports in the bug tracker? They can be as simple as "X bug is still happening" with a link to your original post, plus any additional relevant info. We'll try to squash them ASAP. Thanks again!

Archived