Plans on Linux compatibility?

I've been using Ubuntu recently (SO. IN. LOVE.), and I'd like to know how are the plans on getting DST to that platform.

(Do not worry, Joe. I still have access to Doors, and also Windows, so I'll be able to provide feedback <3 )

What platforms are supported?

For now, the Don’t Starve Together will only be available through Steam on PC. It is unclear at this point when or if this will change during beta. We are doing this to focus our efforts on development rather than maintaining separate builds. We will announce support for new platforms as they become available.

Based on that, I'd guess Linux will probably not happen during the beta, but is going to come at some point.

I've been using Ubuntu recently (SO. IN. LOVE.), and I'd like to know how are the plans on getting DST to that platform.

(Do not worry, Joe. I still have access to Doors, and also Windows, so I'll be able to provide feedback <3 )

You should be able to wine it.

EDIT: I'd test that myself if I ever manage to get a key

From my brushes with the Mac porting community, I think you can actually install Steam into a Wine wrapper and install it that way. You can also install it on a Windows computer/drive, then copy the files over to your Linux drive and use Wine, I believe.

From my brushes with the Mac porting community, I think you can actually install Steam into a Wine wrapper and install it that way. You can also install it on a Windows computer/drive, then copy the files over to your Linux drive and use Wine, I believe.

I'll be trying that, thanks (:

Archived