Ghost mechanic

Poll for DST ghost/max health mechanic  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should they bring the ghost mechanic back or have a way to regenerate the lost max health?

• They should bring the ghost mechanic back!
    • There should be a way to regenerate the lost max health(Or something along those lines)

I think you need a few more options for this to be a useful poll. For example, what if someone liked the max health penalty with no methods of mitigation? (that's not me, but there should be an option)

Personally I'm fine with max health penalties as long as there is a way to later get rid of them, even if it takes a decent amount of effort (e.g. meat effigy, shadow chester level of effort). That being said, ghosts are really neat and I like them too.

Also in today's stream they had a hybrid system: ghosts, but telltale hearts resulted in a max health penalty if you were revived with one.

The Ghost mechanic *is* back BTW along with the tell tale heart costing health to craft (not permanent health though.) Twitch today showed this.

Glad this is moot already! 

Oh that's great! Thanks for the info! I'll have to go watch that now.

The Ghost mechanic *is* back BTW along with the tell tale heart costing health to craft (not permanent health though.) Twitch today showed this.

Glad this is moot already! 

Actually,I've been rewatching the stream and they do say that using the telltale heart on another person reduces their max health.

Edit:It's only for meat effigies, nevermind. 

Actually,I've been rewatching the stream and they do say that using the telltale heart on another person reduces their max health.

Edit:It's only for meat effigies, nevermind. 

No, they say that when Wilson uses the telltale heart on WX, that WX's max health is now reduced. Later this causes WX to crash out of the game because he gets resurrected three times, which means resurrected with zero health.

But Bigfoot also mentioned that there was an update he had meant to check in before the stream that would've limited the amount of max health loss (by what amount was not specified).

No, they say that when Wilson uses the telltale heart on WX, that WX's max health is now reduced. Later this causes WX to crash out of the game because he gets resurrected three times, which means resurrected with zero health.

But Bigfoot also mentioned that there was an update he had meant to check in before the stream that would've limited the amount of max health loss (by what amount was not specified).

Why I didn't bring it up until I know what he tends to implement. 

I missed the stream. Did they mention what would happen if WX upgrades himself before/after death?

I stil blame palpetinus

The heck did I do? XD

I'm glad they stick with ghost, DS needs more spooky scary things

Though I hope there's some way to remove the skeletons or else they could block a perfectly good base if people die inconveniently. I asked that on stream but got no answer..

The heck did I do? XD

I'm glad they stick with ghost, DS needs more spooky scary things

Though I hope there's some way to remove the skeletons or else they could block a perfectly good base if people die inconveniently. I asked that on stream but got no answer..

Yeah.

(Also,the "I blame Palpetinus" thing was a joke I made awhile back,don't mind it)

I missed the stream. Did they mention what would happen if WX upgrades himself before/after death?

No, but I'm guessing it's probably intended to rescale the health penalty if his health increases, although it may not do that now because that just may not be implemented.

Wait so i can't haunt my sister when DST comes out? D:

You probably will be able to. Ghosts are back in the default options right now, but even if they get taken out at some point before release, there will most likely be an option to have ghosts.

So there are still permament health losses... Do we really need such penalties? I would say if you die 3 times you get banned for time selected by host (let's say 3 hours by default).

I don't want to get lost health or if that's so necessary then I at least want a way to restore that health.

So there are still permanent health losses... Do we really need such penalties? I would say if you die 3 times you get banned for time selected by host (let's say 3 hours by default).

I don't want to get lost health or if that's so necessary then I at least want a way to restore that health.

The best thing anybody can do is try it and submit feedback on their personal experiences. this is true whether its in hour 1 of Phase 2 Beta or released for months.

Klei truly listens to our feedback and literally makes changes on things we as a group report not to work or unbalances the game.

But we need time to test things before theoretically suggesting something should be changed.

F&F helped with this. Now all of you-the public-can as well. 

Archived