What Was Your First Death?

It's been a while now, but I think my first death was by either spiders or pigs. I am still new to DS, but now my deaths are usually due to the cold -_- I FINALLY got past day 24

This is off-topic, but welcome to the forums and happy first post!

A little tip for winter: it's usually a good idea to get a few drying racks up so you can make jerky. Not only does jerky have a really slow spoilage rate, it provides sanity too, making it a really good food source for winter. At least one crock pot is useful too.

This is just my personal preference, but I like to make a bird cage so I can cook up any monster meat I find and feed it to the bird for eggs. The problem with this is you have to brave the swamps for reeds to make the cage, but I'm pretty good at dodging tentacles, so it's not a problem for me.

I hope these help. Good luck surviving winter!

Thanks, MenaAthena!

I managed to figure most of that out, but I still have a lot to learn so thanks for the tips! 

I wanted to try and see if I could shave beefalo for the fur during winter but I died before I got the chance to in my last run (I saw about 5 ice hounds sleeping around this ice staff and decided to take it... long story short I went insane after their ambush and I died via terrabird or whatever it was called *sigh*)

Thanks, MenaAthena!

I managed to figure most of that out, but I still have a lot to learn so thanks for the tips! 

I wanted to try and see if I could shave beefalo for the fur during winter but I died before I got the chance to in my last run (I saw about 5 ice hounds sleeping around this ice staff and decided to take it... long story short I went insane after their ambush and I died via terrabird or whatever it was called *sigh*)

Thanks, MenaAthena!

I die a lot, and often, but I just got the game, so it's to be expected.  First death was probably due to the dark.  It took me a lot of tries before I made it a full week.  Last night I finally made it to winter (21 days or so?) wherein I was attacked by penguin-ish birds and pecked to death.  (Turns out if they fall asleep and you try to kill them, they wake up and kill you.  Good to know.)  Other deaths thus far have included (a) the dark (b) frogs © spiders (d) bees (e) eyeball on legs (f) beefalo with red butt (g) hounds (h) merm (i) swamp tentacle (j) a metal rhinocerous thing? Not sure, did not live long after I saw it. (k) too many red mushrooms when already poorly (l) setting wood stockade fence afire once I'd built it around myself and couldn't get out.  I haven't actually managed to starve yet because you have to live longer than I generally do in order to starve.

But, whatevs.  It's good fun anyway.

My 1st death?

*Day 0, at night...*

*Hover mouse over fire*

" I better put something on the fire before it dies out."

About to put my log on it, then.....

Woosh. No more fire. Now what?

"Lights-out. Good night sleep."

5 seconds later, I hear some loud woosh noise and you know what happen next......

Made it all the way to winter. Decided to huddle in the cold with "the stupid looking birds" they started squawking about something and all came at me. And that was the birth of my annoyance for Pengalls,

They were technically the cause of death for my first three times. Oh how the tables have turned.

Hahaha, I can't remember but whatever it was that killed me has gotten what it deserved 10 times over.

Unless it was Charlie. Still workin' on how to kill her.

You can't kill what you can't see. I would've said "You can't kill the dark" or "can't kill the shadows" though you already can in the game xD

Seriously though, you can't kill Charlie (or as 99% of people call it, the 'night monster').

Archived