What Was Your First Death?

• Developer

The first death *ever* in Don't Starve was either to a spider or to Charlie. I can't remember which, exactly, but those were the first two dangerous things added. I could check the SVN logs to try to figure it out when I get to work tomorrow.

The first food ever eaten was probably the carrot, because one of the very first resource loops that we tried to set up was catching a rabbit with a baited trap, and then cooking the meat over the campfire.

The first thing ever crafted would have been either the axe, campfire, or the torch - again, I'd have to check the logs to see if we did nighttime or woodcutting first.

I feel like I've seen a topic like this before... Anyway, I thought it would be a good idea to attack a beehive with a torch at low health. I mean, I won't get hit immediately, so the worst case scenario is that I have to run away, right? ...Wrong.

But, I had a touchstone. So, my first permanent death occurred when my hallucination came and ate me.

Low health and sanity... I ate too much monster meat in those days, but I didn't starve.

First death happened at day 28ish. Watched a bunch of videos prior buying the game so i got the basics down. Except for hounds, it was only 1 but at the time i wasnt confident fighting it with only a spear so i jumped through a wormhole and survived at the other side of the island for a few days till i aggroed a treeguard. Jumped back in the same wormhole to getaway and guess what? Bastard is still there waiting for me. Hound tickled my 3 health and i died

Oh my first death so long ago.... I was playing the before there was winter and sanity cant remember when and i was playing as Wilson it was my first play through but i did as you did and watched others play beforehand so i knew what i was doing. It was about my 15th night in or so i had a nice base going was working on a wall of trees around it because it looked cool to me. i was chopping down a few for wood when one rose and started coming towards me. I never seen one of those before and nearly crapped myself. I attempted to fight it in the dark burning all my trees bushes and grass (but not my sticks thank god for they are the most important of them all.....) he ended up killing me but i was not done yet for i was wearing a life giving amulet and da da da dun i rose up from the dead and guess what thought round two would be a good idea. I ended up dying a second time and that was it game over i was angry my stupid ass went back for seconds.

Your death though was unique i did attempt to watch through the whole video your voice didn't bother me at all really it was just i didn't have time to waste watching someone else die when i am trying not to die myself. I found your reaction to your situation very hilarious.

I got the game just before the last Reign of Giants update, so when I first started out I had no idea I was playing with Reign of Giants on.  There was no warning either at the time about playing with it on and recommending playing vanilla first.  

First day, of course, I had no idea what I was doing.  The world started in spring and when night came I started freezing, even with a torch equipped.  The torch eventually went out, and I did not have enough grass to make another.  I died from a combo of freezing and darkness.  :(

Archived