What Was Your First Death?

...I've actually never died before. And no, I'm not just saying this to seem special or something, I have never actually died before.

You see, prior to actually buying and playing Don't Starve, I read essentially the entire wiki and watched tons of videos of it (as I do with most games. It's a bad habit I need to stop) and THEN played it. I started a world which I didn't die in, but got annoyed at. A Treeguard and a Spider Queen were moving around my base constantly, to which Wilson replied "2spooky4me" and lost sanity quickly, and that frustrated me so I started a different world, and then managed to get to day 300-something.

After that I lost interest in Don't Starve for a while. I got back into it several times after that though.

Because of this, I only have Wilson. I haven't used the teleportato because by the time I find all the things I've lost interest or I don't feel like moving everything over.

*Day 8*

Chop chop chop, I am Wilson, chopper of trees... (dang why do I need so much wood in this game)

Huh?? Is that a tree uprooting itself? Why is it comming towards me? Why is it lifting it's arms?

-blerg-

Exactly the same, and again, and again. Until I met the DS wiki.  :yaypigs:

Day 2: The Night monster. 

I went into Don't Starve almost completely blind. I knew Wilson had remarked how he needed a fire for that night. I just decided not to make one just to see what would happen.

If we're talking about deaths I wasn't basically asking for, I was probably slaughtered by Tallbirds. 

I had watched my boyfriend play for a few hours so I understood the basics when I started (don't starve, don't punch ANYTHING, don't sit around in the darkness). On my first game I was wandering around and found a touchstone, it looked creepy and scary but I decided to touch it anyway. It didn't do anything except rise out of the ground a bit. Oh well, at least it didn't kill me. I continued exploring and even started a base. A few days later I heard this weird breathing noise. That's strange. When the hounds came out I ran for dear life hoping they would lose interest soon... they did not. They chased me all the way back to my base camp and then killed me. When I resurrected at the touchstone I was ECSTATIC. What just happened? I don't know, but I'm alive again! I went back to my base right away. The hounds were still there. They killed me AGAIN. Good times.

Oh man, I can't quite remember seeing how that was almost a year ago, but I think it was a combination of going insane and hounds. At that point I was kind of running around in the dark and had no idea what this whole 'sanity' thing did, and I was super low on sanity and kind of freaking out. So things were already going down hill, and that's when the hounds came out of no where. I'm sure you can gather the rest.

Chopped too many trees and spawned a tree guard. I didn't know how to kite at the time and my poor little naive self thought I could take him down in a couple of hits.

"Why isn't he dying? WHY ISN'T HE DYING!?!?" *dead* *looks up tree guards on wiki*

"Oh, that's a lot of health..."

Archived