More usefull signs! (using items)

I am sure many have suggested or asked for signs that we could write on. And while that will make the signs more useful, it has a lot of problems in both implementation and results.

I suggest making signs a special container that can hold one item, display the item on the sign and on the map. Once the item is placed on the sign, it can not be removed or stolen.

When the sign is deconstructed with a staff or hammer, the item placed in it will drop as well.

I don't know Lua, but you can't make a mod like:

SignsDescription = input

SignsExamine = SignsDescription

So that when the player build a sign he can add a description to it, and when he examine it something like the player when he speech appear on top of the sign so you can read what it says

Interesting idea though there are many sign mods. I think I never will use them xD You know there is no real demand to make useful signs. I mean if the multi comes out, maybe then will increase its demand to leave signs/information and/or items for each other. Howevef, for items there is still chest to store them.

Archived