Does anyone here finding RoG a lot more difficult to play? Or I'm just a noob :P

Karnkate

Yeah, I actually survived a frog rain the second time I encountered it because I had put a few traps around my base first.  Highly recommended.  I've never actually been attacked by the Deerclopes yet because I keep finding other ways to die.  My biggest problem is accidently burning myself to death.  Last night's lesson learned... build a lightning rod at your base, and one for your twig and grass farms are a good idea as well.

Playing as wifigrid and you can deal with frogs rains with only using her spear/helmet, no traps and etc, i have get a big one yesterday, and i have around 70 frogs legs now on the drying racks, as for the Goose is very funny to wait the rain comes and you can tank the boss with 1 or 2 helmets and 1 morning star.

Playing as wifigrid and you can deal with frogs rains with only using her spear/helmet, no traps and etc, i have get a big one yesterday, and i have around 70 frogs legs now on the drying racks, as for the Goose is very funny to wait the rain comes and you can tank the boss with 1 or 2 helmets and 1 morning star.

it burns through equipment too fast if you "tank swarm" that way. Traps are still better with a few fought to regen stats. 

it burns through equipment too fast if you "tank swarm" that way. Traps are still better with a few fought to regen stats. 

Not a big swarm, but around 3 ~4 it's still ok, and i've wasted only 2 helmets, 4 stones and 2 golden nuggets, for enough meat to trade for almost 4 stacks of gold nuggets, i don't think it's a bad idea, make traps, reneew traps, and etc waste too many time :'/

What should I do if I find one? Suppose that I got no Pan Flutes or sleeping darts.

I burn stuff (poop) regularly and have quite a lot of ash to share with it if it wants >_>.

Carry 20 Ash on you. Drop it. It feeds, then falls asleep. Hit with Gunpowder or Old bells. repeat per 20 ashes you have. 

Warning: leaving a sleeping Giant offscreen despawns them. 

I think my main problem is just trying to get started in spring. Killer bees, beefalo in heat, no rabbit holes,near constant rain...the biggest problem is one cannot explore at dusk or night because you start freezing without clothes, so RoG just becomes a massive drag for me in that case.

I am proud to say that on my first serious RoG world playing as Wendy I managed to unlock Webber after an obscenely lucky spider kill, though.

I think my main problem is just trying to get started in spring. Killer bees, beefalo in heat, no rabbit holes,near constant rain...the biggest problem is one cannot explore at dusk or night because you start freezing without clothes, so RoG just becomes a massive drag for me in that case.

I am proud to say that on my first serious RoG world playing as Wendy I managed to unlock Webber after an obscenely lucky spider kill, though.

Best thing to do is rush a Rain hat/jacket with hammered Moleworms and you can use an umbrella in the interim if lucky enough to find nests.

Until then, use parasols, trees  and hats a LOT, and dry off at night. Dusk and night exploration are simple once you accomplish the above and you really should be focusing on summer gathering ASAP of course.  

Moleworms also can double where Jackalopes are not available. 

And when winter comes around, make a Eyebrella for future Spring and Summer, and make Sewing kits to restore its durability by 5 days. 

I don't know if someone said this tips but I will say anyway.

summer survival:

-flingomatic

-summer vest in first days to get a floral shirt and a walk close to trees. + a umbrella and a deerclop hat.

-don't take any risks!!! You have fall and spring to be a hero!

-don't use thermal stone with suits!!!

spring survival

-stay away from rain. Parasol, cactus help a lot.

new giants?

discover attack period you can melee everyone with proper setup.

or use combo: sleep dart+gunpowder for dragonfly or bait him with ash and then boooom with gunpowder

rest o giants: freez with ice staff and old bell. most easy way.

you don't have any resources to kill giants? use map like swamp, hounds field, or go close to a wormhole and leave the giant there he will despawn.

free food? yes please. 3xice+1monster meat. easy meat balls.

You want perma light in base during the night? Prepare your chester transform during the full moon. When he is gonna transform you go in caves and get out after full moon, where Chester evolved you will have light in night.(hope this bug is reported. if not I will do)

I don't know if someone said this tips but I will say anyway.

summer survival:

-flingomatic

-summer vest in first days to get a floral shirt and a walk close to trees. + a umbrella and a deerclop hat.

-don't take any risks!!! You have fall and spring to be a hero!

-don't use thermal stone with suits!!!

spring survival

-stay away from rain. Parasol, cactus help a lot.

new giants?

discover attack period you can melee everyone with proper setup.

or use combo: sleep dart+gunpowder for dragonfly or bait him with ash and then boooom with gunpowder

rest o giants: freez with ice staff and old bell. most easy way.

you don't have any resources to kill giants? use map like swamp, hounds field, or go close to a wormhole and leave the giant there he will despawn.

free food? yes please. 3xice+1monster meat. easy meat balls.

You want perma light in base during the night? Prepare your chester transform during the full moon. When he is gonna transform you go in caves and get out after full moon, where Chester evolved you will have light in night.(hope this bug is reported. if not I will do)

you forgot "carry 20 ashes in summer to feed it to the Dragonfly to make it sleep" but awesome work there! 

you forgot "carry 20 ashes in summer to feed it to the Dragonfly to make it sleep" but awesome work there! 

Yeah you can sleep with 20 ahses. My strategy is to bait with like 4 5 ashes and put gunpowder in the middle but is not very safe. Thanks for reminds me!

EDIT:

I forgot something important!

In summer always carry a pre-fire with you and resources for it!!

20 ashes puts him to sleep. eating less only keeps him eating in one spot. Sleeping is easier with gunpowder for beginners. 

Yeah true! I didn't understood at first what you said, but I edited now to be everything fine. "safety first!" by Flare

Archived