Reed trap

Alakir

Any tips how to deal with that? i want to kill those tentacles and build a lightning rod asap to start to gather some reeds, so far i have lead the deerclops thre to see what happens, and he didn't even last for 5 seconds, i have already tried old bell but they are immune :/

Bearger is your best possible solution if you know how to handle him. Just make him ground pound near the reeds and run around him until he does another. The trick is not to lead him to more than 1 tentacle at the time. If it gets surrounded it may die.

Otherwise, if you use Bearger for other things, you may want to instead use spider nests. About 10 of them will clear 4-5 tentacles each day.
I used 8 spiders nests on day 95 and visited very very often (about 20 times) and now, at about day 130, there is only 5 tentacles left and I have enought silk to build an army out of it.

http://s28.postimg.org/m2if38o4s/Reedcleaning.jpg

I agree with the Bearger method. Just be careful, if he eats too much, he will fall asleep then despawn. If your quick I'd try to grab the monster meat before he gets it. Try to get in there when tentacles are attacking the Bearger and they won't actually deal you any damage. But be very careful and quick out it could end your game very quickly!!

Im' trying the spider thing but so far i'm at day 69 and theres no enough eggs on my world to do that, the spiders nest are all at level 1~2 but i'll wait some time to see if the beager thing works, anyway if it didn't work, i guess won't be a problem to have a giant killer trap for free XD

Im' trying the spider thing but so far i'm at day 69 and theres no enough eggs on my world to do that, the spiders nest are all at level 1~2 but i'll wait some time to see if the beager thing works, anyway if it didn't work, i guess won't be a problem to have a giant killer trap for free XD

But please don't lead the dragonfly into it. Sure it will die but afterwards you will just have a huge tentacle area with only ash piles on it.

But please don't lead the dragonfly into it. Sure it will die but afterwards you will just have a huge tentacle area with only ash piles on it.

In the summer i will not even pass near of risk that too, i do not wanna be wasting more fuel on the new ice flig ~~ to collect reeds in the summer.

I have lead the Goose there and again in succession, this was even worse XD

But i have dropped around 50 killer bee there and They have killed around 6 tentacles, not that bad i guess now I'm wait the next summer pass again, i just do not understand, i have started on the spring, and the first was the giant dragonfly, and then the beager did not come, only the Goose, and deerclops: /

Ahh, so far i have found only 3 tree guards, and i've killed then, i really don't like to use them for nothing besides a source of living log, anyway i guess i'll wait and see what happens, it's still a new world, and a entire spring coming now, and this time i have rain coat so, i'll explore a little more my world till the beager come.

He'll come, so be prepared!

Have you tried luring some treeguards there? Plant a ton of trees nearby, when they spawn drag them to the trap and let them take a few out. Leif, Bees, spiders (when you get them) and a few Giants should take them out!

Hmmm, multiple Treeguards. Should the Reed trap tentacles outlive their usefulness, i should try and see how many I need....

I guess i'll have wait a little more 'till the next giant that i can try there come again, that's because i was exploring a desert near of my base and i've found a icebox and some itens near of it, and was like "wow it's my luck day, i can hammer it and use for something more usefull my base \o\", but after I opened i realised it was a trap ... now here i'm in the middle of nowhere in desert under the a tree with low hp, low food and i don't know if i can run to my base because the summer start from nothing again <facepalm>

So i was gathering some graveddiger itens trading it with the pig king, when the msg for the bearger have come, i have time to bring the boss near of the trap, but after I get there a hound attack have started, the battle have lasted at least 2 days lol, by running from dogs, from boss, almost dying for tentacles, but the bearger have done a GREAT carnage there, not just on the trap but he have killed almost everything that have life on my marsh, and i'm still looking for my walking cane and my dark sword that i have lost in the battle, but finally i have a place to collect reeds :grin: :

bearger.png

My answer? Rock lobsters.

HOWEVER:

I fail to see why you'd want all those reeds. I mean, I already have everything that I could possibly want using papyrus, and I'm only on day 30 of my save. The tentacles are a good thing to keep. I set up treeguard tentacle traps. Treeguards AND tentacles for my giants!

My answer? Rock lobsters.

HOWEVER:

I fail to see why you'd want all those reeds. I mean, I already have everything that I could possibly want using papyrus, and I'm only on day 30 of my save. The tentacles are a good thing to keep. I set up treeguard tentacle traps. Treeguards AND tentacles for my giants!

I still haven't tried bring the rock lobster to the surface because i read someone saying thats it is the worse idea ever you can do, because after 20 ~days they will be everywhere on your world, killing everything that lives there :S

I still haven't tried bring the rock lobster to the surface because i read someone saying thats it is the worse idea ever you can do, because after 20 ~days they will be everywhere on your world, killing everything that lives there :S

That's an exaggeration. They will only eat every mineral there is, ultimatively making tools impossible to get. They will also kill all aggressive creatures. By that, they reduce your fuel types to grass, twigs and manure, and your weapons to magic swords and blowdarts.

But you're on the right track: Don't trust WeirdoBob, don't trust Trading Agreements, and don't trust fuzzykids.

Then lead them back to the caves from whence they came. It's not hard. You can also just slam them in a pen in the caves when you're finished.

Honestly, this reed trap is very overrated on my opinion.

Caves have a few little swamps with plenty of reeds. Usually there are lots of spiders too, but it's easy to handle since they keep fighting with tentacles.

Ye i have found a lot of reeds in very small swamps inside the caves also, but still the honey is on the surface, and having a good source of reeds there is really good, i have counted the number of reeds on the swamp near of my base, and it's about 110, so i'm really liking it.

Archived