Don't starve together, TOGETHER!

yeah, guess I forgot about the spoiler thing, lol, ill make sure to fix that right away!

And also, if you look at my map, you will see a touchstone close to the middle/right area, I plan on making a chest their filled with supplies, in case i die. But its only day 20, i normally don't die that early lol.

And also, if you look at my map, you will see a huge savanna, there's a few dozen beefalo there, if a giant spawns, i usually try and lure it out their, the giant kills about 89% of the beefalo, but then the giant dies.

This way, i get lots of meat, and the giants drop, without having to fight the giant, itself.

However, this is not the best of techniques...

The aftermath leaves me with almost no beefalo, thus unable to get any-or as much manure. I would have to find another herd, but it would be much farther away, and I estimate it would take a day and a half, just to get the manure I would need.

I admit: This isn't the best of tactics, but its all I got! lol

If any of you have a better strategy, please, reply to this post, lol

A swamp is your best bet. Those tenticles will give you a long winded battle as you lead it through the swamp, but you'll get a lot of goodies outta it.

There is also gunpowder, 8 gunpowder kills deeclops.

This seems interesting. Will post my base and map soon. By the way, do we post at the start of 20th day or the end of it?

Start would be best, but up to you!

A swamp is your best bet. Those tenticles will give you a long winded battle as you lead it through the swamp, but you'll get a lot of goodies outta it.

There is also gunpowder, 8 gunpowder kills deeclops.

ahhh...

Ok, thanks!

Well, I finally made it to Day 20! Ah, I'm still quite new to Don't Starve compared to a lot of you (only about 20ish hours across Steam and PS4) and I would appreciate any tips you have to help me out, along with ideas on my base! (Well, 6 days solid of looking for Beefalo at least led me to discovering a ton of the map)

My Main Base post-454535-0-49673300-1411158951_thumb.
My Berry Farm post-454535-0-96877600-1411158954_thumb.
My Drying Racks post-454535-0-91431500-1411158957_thumb.
And my Oh So Impressive farms post-454535-0-99995400-1411158960_thumb.
Close Up Map post-454535-0-70283500-1411158965_thumb.
My Entire Map post-454535-0-95240200-1411158968_thumb.

Well, I finally made it to Day 20! Ah, I'm still quite new to Don't Starve compared to a lot of you (only about 20ish hours across Steam and PS4) and I would appreciate any tips you have to help me out, along with ideas on my base! (Well, 6 days solid of looking for Beefalo at least led me to discovering a ton of the map)

Not bad, you could use some grass and twigs near your base so you don't have to move far during winter, and an easy food source like rabbits, but that's pretty good. A boomerang's a good idea too, that way you can catch birds for food too.

Not bad, you could use some grass and twigs near your base so you don't have to move far during winter, and an easy food source like rabbits, but that's pretty good. A boomerang's a good idea too, that way you can catch birds for food too.

I guess I forgot to show it in my pictures, but I actually do have a lot of rabbits to the south(?) of my base, so food hasn't been much of an issue yet, and as of yet, I don't know how to make a boomerang yet

I guess I forgot to show it in my pictures, but I actually do have a lot of rabbits to the south(?) of my base, so food hasn't been much of an issue yet, and as of yet, I don't know how to make a boomerang yet

It's in the weapons tab. I believe it's one plank(4 logs) and one rope(3 grass) I could be wrong.

It's in the weapons tab. I believe it's one plank(4 logs) and one rope(3 grass) I could be wrong.

Found it, it's one plank, one charcoal, and one silk (Also forgot to mention, if it matters, I am playing the Vanilla game, without RoG activated. I got RoG, but realized I wasn't good enough for it yet)

Found it, it's one plank, one charcoal, and one silk (Also forgot to mention, if it matters, I am playing the Vanilla game, without RoG activated. I got RoG, but realized I wasn't good enough for it yet)

Yeah, I figured that out based on a few factors I can't remember at this moment XD

My Main Base attachicon.gif2014-09-19_00001.jpg
My Berry Farm attachicon.gif2014-09-19_00002.jpg
My Drying Racks attachicon.gif2014-09-19_00003.jpg
And my Oh So Impressive farms attachicon.gif2014-09-19_00004.jpg
Close Up Map attachicon.gif2014-09-19_00005.jpg
My Entire Map attachicon.gif2014-09-19_00006.jpg

Looks good so far!

Maybe make another lightning rod, closer to your berry bushes, wouldn't want them all to be struck be lightning, lol

But I like your base idea! I still haven't made any drying racks yet..

Mainly because I rely on healing salves for health, lol.

Great work!

And by the way guys, if you make it past day 20, and you have already shared your base with us, feel free to go past day 20,

I say that every 20 days, we take screenshots again, if we survive that long, lol

Here's a picture of me, 1/4 through the winter:

post-278628-0-91697400-1411230131_thumb.

Trying to gather twigs and grass for when my rabbit traps break, also securing my touchstone, for when i die... lol...

I stuffed some of Glommer's goop in the chest near my touchstone, you get lots of health, but since re-spawning, you get low sanity, i'm afraid I may go insane when I eat it...

Day 37:

2_by_warewolves-d7ztl7t.png

I decided to screencap at day 37 because I'll be starting to build my summer house after this day. To the left you can see my bunny cage, there's about 20 rabbits in there. All in all, a rather relaxed winter, despite the hound attack.

You might also notice the non-fertilised plants. I put them there because after summer I can return and the plants will be fertilised, so spring is a great time to do some smalll prep for winter.

Great iniciative. =D

Here's my base:

DL5EJ33.jpg

Maxwell isn't my favorite, I just started with him. xD

And here's the map:

fslv4Qt.jpg

I would really appreciate tips to help me improve.

My record was just 33 days (RoG enabled). :/

Not enough bunny holes to make it through winter. The beefalo is too close and is going to be a problem during heat. Tent is a waste of resources when you have maxwell. The tree stumps give an extra log so dig those up.

Other than that, you also need an emergency army to battle deerclops or hounds. I wouldn't advice beefalo, the stacks of meat is not worth the loss of your only emergency army.

The trick is to stockpile enough food and produce to make it through winter. As long as he has one morsel and three fillers (besides sticks) meatballs are just fine. What's REALLY needed is a crock pot then to make the better food. As the winter ends, you can start on things like Bee Boxes and birdcages for more options. but I would get the 6 charcoal, 3 cut stone and 6 sticks and make that crock pot NOW!

Dig up the stumps as said. Keep the tent for now, but Maxwell almost never ever has a sanity problem. If low on the resources it uses, then hammer it and use the silk/rope etc. 

I find Beefalo do fine against Hounds on regular nuimber, just not Deerclops or any higher Giants on their own (without aiding them or bringing additional allies.)

That written, for future large hound numbers going to 6, collect teeth to start making a bunch of tooth traps either as a big circle alone or in a narrow stone corridor a la "death zone" 

My Main Base attachicon.gif2014-09-19_00001.jpg
My Berry Farm attachicon.gif2014-09-19_00002.jpg
My Drying Racks attachicon.gif2014-09-19_00003.jpg
And my Oh So Impressive farms attachicon.gif2014-09-19_00004.jpg
Close Up Map attachicon.gif2014-09-19_00005.jpg
My Entire Map attachicon.gif2014-09-19_00006.jpg

Well, strike that, Hounds and the Deerclops teamed up against me to destroy my camp and kill me, so evidently my world is finished

Well, strike that, Hounds and the Deerclops teamed up against me to destroy my camp and kill me, so evidently my world is finished

That's a pity, you could have tried kiting them until the hounds attacked deerclops, and then tried to make it to a swamp.

Try again, surely you learned something from it.

Great iniciative. =D

Here's my base:

DL5EJ33.jpg

Maxwell isn't my favorite, I just started with him. xD

And here's the map:

fslv4Qt.jpg

I would really appreciate tips to help me improve.

My record was just 33 days (RoG enabled). :/

Looks good so far!

If I may make a suggestion: 

I really don't see the point in having basic farms- their good, don't get me wrong, but to get improved farms, its just more rocks, grass and manure, and just an alchemy engine.

If there is a farm type much more better then another, I would go with the better one,

Now, I do see you DO, actually have improved farms, I suggest hammering the basic ones, and replacing them with improved farms when winter is over, but you should really make your farms in more of an array instead of being scattered around, it takes up much more space then needed!

I usually like to start my base in a savanna, with lots of rabbits- But no beefalo!

Just so I have a good source of food nearby..

But other then that, Your base looks really good!

Archived