Need help with something... special.

QuickShot010

Hello,
I am currently working on my mod, Drok the Caveman, and i had a nice idea but no clue on how to make it happen.

My idea was to make a craftable item (only craftable by Drok).

The item i was thinking about is a bowl with some red paint, maybe crushed berries or something.

With this item Drok is able to paint the grey rocks that you can mine. He can paint cave paintings on them which increase his sanity a bit when he is close.

Maybe one of you guys have an idea on how to create the code to do this?

THANKS GUYS! You are amazing :-)

edit: an animation for when he is painting would be nice too, but let's try to make the actual painting happen first :)

It would be easier / quicker just to make a single craftable item, perhaps 'painting' or 'painted rock'

I would guess similar to sign or something, craft it and place it.

Concept

Painting_zps11740da3.png

As far as how to increase sanity when close to an object,

I have no idea. Since there are items (evil flowers) that have a negative

sanity aura, in theory you should be able to copy something from them

and simply make the effect an inverse intensity.

It might be best to clone an existing object and try to get the sanity issue

worked out before adopting a custom crafting recipe and graphic.

No sense in making the graphic et.al. work if you can't get the effect

you want out of it.

It would be easier / quicker just to make a single craftable item, perhaps 'painting' or 'painted rock'

I would guess similar to sign or something, craft it and place it.

Concept

Painting_zps11740da3.png

As far as how to increase sanity when close to an object,

I have no idea. Since there are items (evil flowers) that have a negative

sanity aura, in theory you should be able to copy something from them

and simply make the effect an inverse intensity.

It might be best to clone an existing object and try to get the sanity issue

worked out before adopting a custom crafting recipe and graphic.

No sense in making the graphic et.al. work if you can't get the effect

you want out of it.

Yeah that is a nice concept.

This is the code of the evil flower:

local assets={	Asset("ANIM", "anim/flowers_evil.zip"),}local prefabs ={    "petals_evil",    "nightmarefuel",}    local names = {"f1","f2","f3","f4","f5","f6","f7","f8"}local function onsave(inst, data)	data.anim = inst.animnameendlocal function onload(inst, data)    if data and data.anim then        inst.animname = data.anim	    inst.AnimState:PlayAnimation(inst.animname)	endendlocal function onpickedfn(inst, picker)	if picker and picker.components.sanity then		picker.components.sanity:DoDelta(-TUNING.SANITY_TINY)	end			inst:Remove()endlocal function fn(Sim)	local inst = CreateEntity()	inst.entity:AddTransform()		inst.entity:AddAnimState()    inst.AnimState:SetBank("flowers_evil")    inst.animname = names[math.random(#names)]    inst.AnimState:SetBuild("flowers_evil")    inst.AnimState:PlayAnimation(inst.animname)    inst.AnimState:SetRayTestOnBB(true);        inst:AddTag("flower")        inst:AddComponent("inspectable")     inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")    inst.components.sanityaura.aura = -TUNING.SANITYAURA_SMALL    inst:AddComponent("pickable")    inst.components.pickable.picksound = "dontstarve/wilson/pickup_plants"    inst.components.pickable:SetUp("petals_evil", 10)	inst.components.pickable.onpickedfn = onpickedfn    inst.components.pickable.quickpick = true    	MakeSmallBurnable(inst)    MakeSmallPropagator(inst)    --------SaveLoad    inst.OnSave = onsave     inst.OnLoad = onload         return instendreturn Prefab( "forest/objects/flower_evil", fn, assets, prefabs) 

I guess this makes your sanity drop when you are close to the evil flower.

inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")inst.components.sanityaura.aura = -TUNING.SANITYAURA_SMALL

But i don't see any values i can change.

The code in the tuning file doesn't make alot of sence to me either:

SANITYAURA_TINY = 100/(seg_time*32),		SANITYAURA_SMALL = 100/(seg_time*8),		SANITYAURA_MED = 100/(seg_time*5),		SANITYAURA_LARGE = 100/(seg_time*2),		SANITYAURA_HUGE = 100/(seg_time*.5),

If you are near a fireplace as Willow, you will gain a sanity boost, but i don't see a code to do that.

Maybe you can help with this information?

Thanks alot again!

inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")inst.components.sanityaura.aura = -TUNING.SANITYAURA_SMALL

The code in the tuning file doesn't make alot of sence to me either.

If you are near a fireplace as Willow, you will gain a sanity boost, but i don't see a code to do that.

Thanks alot again!

You're on the right track. The component "sanityaura" affects the sanity of the player.

sanityaura.aura is the rate at which it changes. In the above example, it is a small negative value.

However, that means it will increase sanity at all times if the player is close to it. Below is a suggestion of mine.

Consider a craftable boulder that can be painted to create a sanity aura, but the paint slowly wears off.

All you need to do (including previously mentioned stuff) is

-add "fueled" component to the boulder

-add "fuel" component to the dye

-change the colour of the boulder when it has fuel (I think there is a "set multcolor" function for that.)

I wouldn't mind explaining it a bit further, but send me a personal message for that.

Thanks

The code in the tuning file doesn't make alot of sence to me either:

SANITYAURA_TINY = 100/(seg_time*32),		SANITYAURA_SMALL = 100/(seg_time*8),		SANITYAURA_MED = 100/(seg_time*5),		SANITYAURA_LARGE = 100/(seg_time*2),		SANITYAURA_HUGE = 100/(seg_time*.5),

Thanks alot again!

Well for it to make sense you have to look further up in the tuning file to where seg_time is defined.

local seg_time = 30

local total_day_time = seg_time*16

This defines the segment time (30) and that the full day/night cycle (total_day_time) is 16 segments.

With seg_time defined as 30, the Sanity aura becomes easier to figure out.

I don't know if the aura effect is actually a per second effect or not, but assuming that it is

A Tiny aura would effect a change of about ~0.10 per second (100 / (30*32))

Small ~0.42 per second, Med ~0.67, Large ~1.67, Huge ~6.67

If you want something that falls between one or more of those values, you should be able to do basic math functions with them as well, eg.

inst.components.sanityaura.aura = TUNING.SANITYAURA_TINY*2

You can of course just define a flat number

inst.components.sanityaura.aura = 0.02

But I personally prefer using the game designers terms, in case a change to the rate of sanity is made to the base game in the future then whatever you designed should scale automatically as well.

That piece is defined within Willow's prefab (because the sanity aura isnt something inherit to the fire, it is something unique to Willow)

local function sanityfn(inst)

local x,y,z = inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition()    

local delta = 0

local max_rad = 10

local ents = TheSim:FindEntities(x,y,z, max_rad, {"fire"})

for k,v in pairs(ents) do

if v.components.burnable and v.components.burnable.burning then

local sz = TUNING.SANITYAURA_TINY

local rad = v.components.burnable:GetLargestLightRadius() or 1

sz = sz * ( math.min(max_rad, rad) / max_rad )

local distsq = inst:GetDistanceSqToInst(v)

delta = delta + sz/math.max(1, distsq)

end

end

return delta

end

I won't pretend to understand this completely, but the sanity gain is 'Tiny' and it appears the radius of the effect (local rad) is dependent on the light radius of the fire (ie. as the fires gets smaller she is required to get closer to gain the benefit).

Hope that helps

This is the code of the evil flower:

local assets={	Asset("ANIM", "anim/flowers_evil.zip"),}local prefabs ={    "petals_evil",    "nightmarefuel",}    local names = {"f1","f2","f3","f4","f5","f6","f7","f8"}local function onsave(inst, data)	data.anim = inst.animnameendlocal function onload(inst, data)    if data and data.anim then        inst.animname = data.anim	    inst.AnimState:PlayAnimation(inst.animname)	endendlocal function onpickedfn(inst, picker)	if picker and picker.components.sanity then		picker.components.sanity:DoDelta(-TUNING.SANITY_TINY)	end			inst:Remove()endlocal function fn(Sim)	local inst = CreateEntity()	inst.entity:AddTransform()		inst.entity:AddAnimState()    inst.AnimState:SetBank("flowers_evil")    inst.animname = names[math.random(#names)]    inst.AnimState:SetBuild("flowers_evil")    inst.AnimState:PlayAnimation(inst.animname)    inst.AnimState:SetRayTestOnBB(true);        inst:AddTag("flower")        inst:AddComponent("inspectable")     inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")    inst.components.sanityaura.aura = -TUNING.SANITYAURA_SMALL    inst:AddComponent("pickable")    inst.components.pickable.picksound = "dontstarve/wilson/pickup_plants"    inst.components.pickable:SetUp("petals_evil", 10)	inst.components.pickable.onpickedfn = onpickedfn    inst.components.pickable.quickpick = true    	MakeSmallBurnable(inst)    MakeSmallPropagator(inst)    --------SaveLoad    inst.OnSave = onsave     inst.OnLoad = onload         return instendreturn Prefab( "forest/objects/flower_evil", fn, assets, prefabs) 

You may also have noticed that the flowers have several different appearances.

local names = {"f1","f2","f3","f4","f5","f6","f7","f8"}

I don't know how easily it could be done, but if you could make it work, you could have several different artworks, each one different in appearance. One would be picked randomly whenever it was to be placed. - It certainly would be a cool idea if you could make it work. It is something to think about, but is probably best to get it working with just one before experimenting with that.

You may also have noticed that the flowers have several different appearances.

local names = {"f1","f2","f3","f4","f5","f6","f7","f8"}

I don't know how easily it could be done, but if you could make it work, you could have several different artworks, each one different in appearance. One would be picked randomly whenever it was to be placed. - It certainly would be a cool idea if you could make it work. It is something to think about, but is probably best to get it working with just one before experimenting with that.

I agree that it would be a nice feature but let's get it working first :-)

Thanks

Well for it to make sense you have to look further up in the tuning file to where seg_time is defined.

local seg_time = 30

local total_day_time = seg_time*16

This defines the segment time (30) and that the full day/night cycle (total_day_time) is 16 segments.

With seg_time defined as 30, the Sanity aura becomes easier to figure out.

I don't know if the aura effect is actually a per second effect or not, but assuming that it is

A Tiny aura would effect a change of about ~0.10 per second (100 / (30*32))

Small ~0.42 per second, Med ~0.67, Large ~1.67, Huge ~6.67

If you want something that falls between one or more of those values, you should be able to do basic math functions with them as well, eg.

inst.components.sanityaura.aura = TUNING.SANITYAURA_TINY*2

You can of course just define a flat number

inst.components.sanityaura.aura = 0.02

But I personally prefer using the game designers terms, in case a change to the rate of sanity is made to the base game in the future then whatever you designed should scale automatically as well.

That piece is defined within Willow's prefab (because the sanity aura isnt something inherit to the fire, it is something unique to Willow)

local function sanityfn(inst)

local x,y,z = inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition()    

local delta = 0

local max_rad = 10

local ents = TheSim:FindEntities(x,y,z, max_rad, {"fire"})

for k,v in pairs(ents) do

if v.components.burnable and v.components.burnable.burning then

local sz = TUNING.SANITYAURA_TINY

local rad = v.components.burnable:GetLargestLightRadius() or 1

sz = sz * ( math.min(max_rad, rad) / max_rad )

local distsq = inst:GetDistanceSqToInst(v)

delta = delta + sz/math.max(1, distsq)

end

end

return delta

end

I won't pretend to understand this completely, but the sanity gain is 'Tiny' and it appears the radius of the effect (local rad) is dependent on the light radius of the fire (ie. as the fires gets smaller she is required to get closer to gain the benefit).

Hope that helps

This helps me a bit further. But i'm not really sure what item to 'copy' for this. 

edit: I got the sanity aura figured out, but now i need to make an item (never done before) that you can place and craft. Can you help me get started?

Thanks so much again! You helped me out a lot!

I'd start with the evil flower -

It pretty much does what you want already (just inverse the aura effect)

1> Copy and rename the file into your mod folder

change the graphic (anim) to anything else, so you can distinguish it from other items.

(you will need to change the inventory image (if any) and and animation references in the item.lua)

For the placed item, you will need to use Spriter to create a scml file from the image. placed in the exported folder

- the autocompile will convert this and move it to the anim folder when the game is run

this creates the item animation file, which is used whenever the item is on the ground,

even items that don't move have to have an animation file.

If you want the item to be able to be placed in your inventory, you will need an icon (64x64) in your inventory folder.

- When you run the game the autocompile will make a tex and xml file for the image.

For items that cannot be carried, this is technically not necessary, but there is no harm doing it, just in case.

2> Start a new game and Use the debug command to spawn the item into your game to test it out.

Once it loads successfully, then you can start tweaking effects.

3> Once you get the effects correct,

then you can start looking into making it a craftable item (if that is what you want)

Guide to Character and Item modding

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/27341-tutorial-the-artists-guide-to-characteritem-modding/

Other useful items/tips

Mini-Map Icon http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/29577-help-how-to-add-a-custom-minimap-icon/

Crafting recipe troubleshooting http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/32056-recipe-image-problem/

Make an item dependant on RoG Enabled http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35835-how-to-make-a-mod-change-depending-on-whether-dlc-is-enabled-or-not/

change the graphic (anim) to anything else, so you can distinguish it from other items.

(you will need to change the inventory image (if any) and and animation references in the item.lua)

For the placed item, you will need to use Spriter to create a scml file from the image. placed in the exported folder

- the autocompile will convert this and move it to the anim folder when the game is run

this creates the item animation file, which is used whenever the item is on the ground,

If you want the item to be able to be placed in your inventory, you will need an icon (64x64) in your inventory folder.

- When you run the game the autocompile will make a tex and xml file for the image.

For items that cannot be carried, this is technically not necessary, but there is no harm doing it, just in case.

2> Start a new game and Use the debug command to spawn the item into your game to test it out.

Once it loads successfully, then you can start tweaking effects.

3> Once you get the effects correct,

then you can start looking into making it a craftable item (if that is what you want)

Guide to Character and Item modding

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/27341-tutorial-the-artists-guide-to-characteritem-modding/

Other useful items/tips

Mini-Map Icon http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/29577-help-how-to-add-a-custom-minimap-icon/

Crafting recipe troubleshooting http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/32056-recipe-image-problem/

Make an item dependant on RoG Enabled http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35835-how-to-make-a-mod-change-depending-on-whether-dlc-is-enabled-or-not/

Okay, i am still not sure if i should do something like your concept, or a painted rock. I think your concept is better, but requires a whole new prefab texture...

Ah well, the more custom the better :)

Also I have another idea, this is just a nice feature, no advantages, just for fun and the character.

I was thinking about Drok being able to draw a face on a small rock. It will be his friend... a rock with a painted face. Just something like in the movie ' cast away' with a volleyball. 

But there are a few things i need to do when i make the rock with a painted face and thought you could help me (again).

It needs to be craftable only ONCE, so he doesn't have 20 rock friends lying around.

And another nice thing would be to make some kind of dialogue that would be random, so one time he says something like 'Drok friends' and another time something like 'You want food?', and many more.

Maybe you could help?

Anyways, I will try to create the cave paintings in your concept style, i'll let you know!

Thanks for all the help!

Okay, i am still not sure if i should do something like your concept, or a painted rock. I think your concept is better, but requires a whole new prefab texture...

Ah well, the more custom the better :-)

Also I have another idea, this is just a nice feature, no advantages, just for fun and the character.

I was thinking about Drok being able to draw a face on a small rock. It will be his friend... a rock with a painted face. Just something like in the movie ' cast away' with a volleyball. 

But there are a few things i need to do when i make the rock with a painted face and thought you could help me (again).

It needs to be craftable only ONCE, so he doesn't have 20 rock friends lying around.

And another nice thing would be to make some kind of dialogue that would be random, so one time he says something like 'Drok friends' and another time something like 'You want food?', and many more.

Maybe you could help?

Anyways, I will try to create the cave paintings in your concept style, i'll let you know!

Thanks for all the help!

Well - I have no idea how to make something craftable only once. Theoretically it could be done, but I'm not sure how.

A better (easier) option would be to make it like Woodie's axe - a unique indestructable item.

Several character have unique items, but woodie's axe also talks, which makes it ideal for your goals.

So maybe a good idea would be to find the lua for woody's axe (Lucy) and start there.

An indestructible unique item that Drok can put down and gain sanity boost (aura)

- because he and the rock are friends

- maybe call it "Wigstan" - Old English, composed of the elements wig "battle" and stan "stone"

Well - I have no idea how to make something craftable only once. Theoretically it could be done, but I'm not sure how.

A better (easier) option would be to make it like Woodie's axe - a unique indestructable item.

Several character have unique items, but woodie's axe also talks, which makes it ideal for your goals.

So maybe a good idea would be to find the lua for woody's axe (Lucy) and start there.

An indestructible unique item that Drok can put down and gain sanity boost (aura)

- because he and the rock are friends

- maybe call it "Wigstan" - Old English, composed of the elements wig "battle" and stan "stone"

Thanks for your help again.

Maybe i wasn't clear enough, but i didn't mean the rock to speak. I was thinking about my character saying a random sentence when he inspects the rock, so he doesn't say the same thing over and over again (you wouldn't do that to a friend).

Do you think that is possible? thanks again, you help me out alot!

Thanks for your help again.

Maybe i wasn't clear enough, but i didn't mean the rock to speak. I was thinking about my character saying a random sentence when he inspects the rock, so he doesn't say the same thing over and over again (you wouldn't do that to a friend).

Do you think that is possible? thanks again, you help me out alot!

Ahh - It might be possible, but beyond my scope of knowledge.

[...]

One more question,

What do i have to do with the scml file?

thanks again mate

One more question,

What do i have to do with the scml file?

thanks again mate

After you use spriter to create and save the scml file (in the exported folder) the game will autocompile it into an animation zip file and place it in the anim folder.

Once this has been done (and the animation is working properly), the scml is no longer needed and does not need to be included in the mod. You could delete the scml (the entire exported folder actually) with no effect on the game, but I prefer simply to move it to a backup location (A folder outside of the Don't Starve game folder) in case I decide to make alterations at a later date.

Thanks for all the help!

I heard (but I am not sure if it is true) that the game itself was inspired by the movie castaway. With the team making an 'island surval' game, and that the character Wilson was inspired by the volleyball.

Could just be a rumor, but it is still a nice story

tul_starves2.jpg

After you use spriter to create and save the scml file (in the exported folder) the game will autocompile it into an animation zip file and place it in the anim folder.

Once this has been done (and the animation is working properly), the scml is no longer needed and does not need to be included in the mod. You could delete the scml (the entire exported folder actually) with no effect on the game, but I prefer simply to move it to a backup location (A folder outside of the Don't Starve game folder) in case I decide to make alterations at a later date.

Okay, so i just put the file it somewhere in my mod folder without linking it to anything? 

I'm sorry if i am asking so many questions but i am new to spriter and modding hope you don' t mind.

Maybe i am saving my spriter file wrong. I just dropped the png in there and saved. It doesn't need animations so...

Am i doing something wrong?

I heard (but I am not sure if it is true) that the game itself was inspired by the movie castaway. With the team making an 'island surval' game, and that the character Wilson was inspired by the volleyball.

Could just be a rumor, but it is still a nice story

tul_starves2.jpg

That is a cool story, loved the image :)

Okay, so i just put the file it somewhere in my mod folder without linking it to anything? 

I'm sorry if i am asking so many questions but i am new to spriter and modding hope you don' t mind.

Maybe i am saving my spriter file wrong. I just dropped the png in there and saved. It doesn't need animations so...

Am i doing something wrong?

Not just 'somewhere' no,

for it to compile properly it has to be in the exported folder.

Lets say you are creating an animation for an item called "thing"

You would create an "exported" folder in your modfolder

in the exported folder you would create a folder called "thing"

in THAT folder you would create another folder called "thing"

your image goes in the last folder

"...dont_starve\mods\modname\exported\thing\thing\"

When you use spriter you would create your project in the first 'thing' folder

"...dont_starve\mods\modname\exported\thing\"

Check step 3 on this tutorial - Creating the "ground"-animation

for more details on creating the item animation in spriter.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/29427-tutorial-creating-a-handslot-equippable-item-from-scratch/

Hope that helps

Not just 'somewhere' no,

for it to compile properly it has to be in the exported folder.

Lets say you are creating an animation for an item called "thing"

You would create an "exported" folder in your modfolder

in the exported folder you would create a folder called "thing"

in THAT folder you would create another folder called "thing"

your image goes in the last folder

"...dont_starve\mods\modname\exported\thing\thing\"

When you use spriter you would create your project in the first 'thing' folder

"...dont_starve\mods\modname\exported\thing\"

Check step 3 on this tutorial - Creating the "ground"-animation

for more details on creating the item animation in spriter.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/29427-tutorial-creating-a-handslot-equippable-item-from-scratch/

Hope that helps

Okay so i am getting crashes all the time and it's really annoying :(

I did EXCACTLY as you said and as the tutorial said but still...

When i try to spawn the prefab in using DebugSpawn, don't starve stopped working...

Do you maybe have any idea what i did wrong.

Okay so i am getting crashes all the time and it's really annoying :(

I did EXCACTLY as you said and as the tutorial said but still...

When i try to spawn the prefab in using DebugSpawn, don't starve stopped working...

Do you maybe have any idea what i did wrong.

Post your complete log file

Post your complete log file

Okay it seems i was dumb, it didn't make the anim zip folder because i didn't have Mod Tools installed 

*HUGE FACEPALM*

I installed it, and now it works.

I hereby thank the mighty and glorious MidrealmDM that helped me in my quest with his powerful and magnificent skills in helping people out. 

Haha, i'm not kidding, really... thanks a lot!

I named the stone Wigstan like you suggested as some sort of 'thank you'.

I hope you enjoy.

Wigstan's first stage.

post-447131-0-98453100-1410938209_thumb.

Wigstan's second stage.

post-447131-0-45021200-1410951249_thumb.

Oh, and i'll let you know when the update comes out so you can check it out if you want to.

Thanks again mate!

EDIT: i posted something on the next page you might want to take a look at.

I also have another idea to make it craftable only ONCE.

When the player starts a new game with Drok, they will get a 'strange stone'.

The player can craft Wigstan with some roasted berries and the strange stone. 

I also have an idea to make Wigstan upgradeable, so for example, you use some twigs and rope to give him hair, this will increase the sanity aura a tiny bit. 

What do you think about that?

I also have another idea to make it craftable only ONCE.

When the player starts a new game with Drok, they will get a 'strange stone'.

The player can craft Wigstan with some roasted berries and the strange stone. 

I also have an idea to make Wigstan upgradeable, so for example, you use some twigs and rope to give him hair, this will increase the sanity aura a tiny bit. 

What do you think about that?

Upgradable Wigstan sounds intriguing,

(artwork looks good too)

What happens if they lose their strange stone?

Okay it seems i was dumb, it didn't make the anim zip folder because i didn't have Mod Tools installed 

Lol - well, yeah that would do it. :lemo:

I named the stone Wigstan like you suggested as some sort of 'thank you'.

I hope you enjoy.

Thank you - I'm glad to see your mod coming together.

Upgradable Wigstan sounds intriguing,

(artwork looks good too)

What happens if they lose their strange stone?

Okay, so what i was thinking was to add a minimap icon.

But it doesn't seem to work, this is the prefab lua of the first wigstan stage, but no minimap icon appears in game, maybe i forgot something?

local Assets ={	Asset("ANIM", "anim/wigstan.zip"),    Asset("ATLAS", "images/inventoryimages/wigstan.xml"),    Asset("IMAGE", "minimap/wigstan.tex"),    Asset("ATLAS", "minimap/wigstan.xml"),}local function fn(Sim)	local inst = CreateEntity()	inst.entity:AddTransform()	inst.entity:AddAnimState()    local minimap = inst.entity:AddMiniMapEntity()    minimap:SetIcon( "wigstan.tex" )    MakeInventoryPhysics(inst)        inst.AnimState:SetBank("wigstan")    inst.AnimState:SetBuild("wigstan")    inst.AnimState:PlayAnimation("idle", true)        inst:AddComponent("inventoryitem")	inst.components.inventoryitem.atlasname = "images/inventoryimages/wigstan.xml"    inst.components.inventoryitem.imagename = "wigstan"	inst:AddComponent("inspectable")        inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")    inst.components.sanityaura.aura = TUNING.SANITYAURA_TINY    return instendSTRINGS.NAMES.WIGSTAN = "Wigstan"STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.WIGSTAN = "Drok friend."return Prefab( "common/inventory/wigstan", fn, Assets)

Another thing i was thinking about is to let it spawn in the world only once, just like chester's eyebone. But the problem with that is that non-Drok characters get the stone as well while i want only Drok to get the stone. I don't think there is a work around... but who knows.

Okay, so what i was thinking was to add a minimap icon.

But it doesn't seem to work, this is the prefab lua of the first wigstan stage, but no minimap icon appears in game, maybe i forgot something?

Another thing i was thinking about is to let it spawn in the world only once, just like chester's eyebone. But the problem with that is that non-Drok characters get the stone as well while i want only Drok to get the stone. I don't think there is a work around... but who knows.

I'll have to look at the Minimap code when I get home (at work right now)

I'm not sure how one would prevent an item from spawning based on characters.

Hopefully someone else has an idea.

I do know you can make the crafting recipe specific to Drok, so even if other characters found it, they couldnt do anything with it. Not the best solution, but it would work.

Archived