Early Access Update 2: Active Recon - Patch Notes

• Developer

post-251508-0-20213300-1410826752_thumb.

Click here to view or download the full resolution image! (1920 x 1080)

IMPORTANT NOTE!

As we continue to update the game, we are very careful to preserve player progress. However, mission saves are actually replays of your moves, so any change in balance will invalidate the current mission. In order to maintain compatibility and preserve campaign progress after a balance change, we rewind the simulation back to the last visit to the Map Screen. Our other post also had this paragraph but we felt it was important to remind everyone, so if you read the last important note and you're still reading this one even though it's the same thing give yourself a pat on the back for being thorough, and also I want to hire you to read those EULA's I skip past. 

--

The shipment has arrived.

It's been amazing for all of us to read the forum between Update 1 and now. We spend a lot of time reading nearly everything, so thank you all and please continue to discuss the game and give us your excellent feedback! Some of the suggestions for new items and features have been particularly good these last two weeks, it's been really fun to read and think about those.

This update contains a lot of UI quality improvements, as well as several new enemies. I don't want to spoil them, but they should make you think on your feet and approach stealth in new ways. 

In addition, Normal players will notice that they can no longer see which corps they're heading to before they start the mission. The idea behind this change was to make it so that you could not simply build against 1-2 of the corps and always guarantee that you will face only those corps. Now your build and strategies must be able to handle a variety of enemy types and unexpected situations.   

As always, thanks for your continued support and help in finding bugs and directing the development of this game.  

Patch notes for Update 2: Active Recon

Build 111031

New Features

* Several new FTM corp threats

* New multi-corp threat - MEDAMA

* Improved weapon equipping, no more juggling items on the ground

* Improved item management both during and between missions

* Access to storage space between missions

* Friendly agents can be dragged and rescued via the elevator

* Improved prisoner and hostage abilities, they can now peek and use some items

* New mainframe device - Facility Database. Hack it for information
* Improved visual display for melee reaction and pinning

* Added some new events 

* Shoot buttons now appear in the in-game UI 

Balance Changes

* Stunning the detention center captain no longer calls additional guards 

* Investigation points are no longer automatically displayed in Normal mode. You must observe the guard to display them. 

* Energy Gun now costs an action to fire. 

* Piercing Scanner split into two augments, one for melee and one for guns. 

* Corporations are now hidden on the map screen in Normal mode. 

* Turrets now pierce armor 

* You can break firewalls on ghosted drones 

* Medgels are now disposable 

* Hacked drones have a KO "rebooting" stage after they have been taken over. 

Bug fixes

* Static in the sound has been fixed 

* Enemy targets are now highlighted when using the shoot button 

* Run is now toggle-able as long as you have not moved

* EMP Packs II and III now have correct ranges 

* Peek and run now display used AP correctly 

* Fixed a procedural generation bug that was causing impossible levels (oops) 

* Lots of small bug fixes

Hotfixes 

Build 111107

* Neural Disrupter KO time in easy mode fixed

* Hunter Program bug fixed

* Tagging turrets crash bug fixed.

Just a minor thing - the difficulty selection tooltip for "normal" doesn't indicate that it won't show the gaurds' points of interest. That seems like a pretty huge change (which I am excited to try out!) so without an indication it might catch some poor fools off guard! :)

I cannot even begin to say how amazing this update is! I really love the "no juggling" and "agent rescue" parts.

Also: are you planning on adding a Hard difficulty or just making normal mode harder? Hidden corps and interest points? that's just mean. This spy agency we're running has really bad intel. No info on the layout, no info on who's running the buildings they're infiltrating, nothing.

* Lots of small bug fixes

Does this include the vault in security dispatch missions not giving any items? Got that bug in my first mission after the previous update which made me lose interest in that version.

Sounds like a great update anyway.

• Developer

Does this include the vault in security dispatch missions not giving any items? Got that bug in my first mission after the previous update which made me lose interest in that version.

Sounds like a great update anyway.

That one should be fixed, yes! 

• Developer

Very cool update! Thanks KLEI!

I have one concern though... is it me or basic Disrupters (those with 3 turns cooldown) on Easy Mode used to have KO power of 3 (now 2)? This is kind of disappointing a bit :<

This is a bug! Thanks for letting us know. We'll push it out in the rounds of hotfixes once we figure out what's causing that. 

Edit: found it and fixed it. Should be out when we push the first round of hotfixes. 

Some minor bugs:

When a guard witnesses one of the new drones being destroyed, he plays the wrong voice clip - "target down" instead of "somebody's down."

On the inter-mission item management screen, both the agent's inventory and the storage read "Storage - click to equip."

Also on that screen, items you don't have the stats to use don't refresh to show that they're usable when you pay for the stats. It'll show up correctly when you leave the screen and return to it, however. Same goes for the ability "bar" at the bottom.

When you drag a guard's body over another guard's body to pin both at once (which may not be intended behavior in the first place), the new pinning UI element only applies to one of the gaurds, but the other does stay pinned.

AOE cloaking rigs are still able to cloak friendly agents even if they're being watched, I'm not sure if that's intentional. Actually this one's probably not new.

It's possible to fire the tag pistol at a turret. As far as I can tell, doing so is fruitless, so it might as well not be allowed.

Also, you can still observe guards that you've tagged with the pistol. Seems like a little bit of a newbie trap, I'd remove that button for those guys.

The tag pistol is such a neat idea, though. Really pleased with that.

One more thought - now that guards are able to pass through laser walls, it would be pretty awesome if we could drag their corpses to pass through them without hacking them. Splinter Cell style.

When you drag a guard's body over another guard's body to pin both at once (which may not be intended behavior in the first place), the new pinning UI element only applies to one of the gaurds, but the other does stay pinned.

Minor correction on this one: the new UI element shows up for neither gaurd, but they are both pinned anyway.

Excited to hear that we might start dragging guards through lasers.

Minor correction on this one: the new UI element shows up for neither gaurd, but they are both pinned anyway.

Excited to hear that we might start dragging guards through lasers.

Gonna milk the **** out of that bug.

I would usually drag them to the lasers anyways, but this seems like a good alternative, till it gets fixed.

ALSO, noticed a few things:

I didn't read it on the list but additional notes:

• starting disruptors now only KO for 2 rounds.
  • stim 1 [2,3?] tooltip fixed (removed refresh agents attack)
  • smaller maps / **** makes more sense? [idk]
  • guards appear to be behaving more realistically

First mission completed since the update and WOW! Thats right, interrupting my session just to post, the patch is this much awesome. I like the new facility database, especially that the layout is revealed both on the map and play screen.

No points of interests on normal annoys me a bit, but thats not necessarily a negative comment, i am simply used to seeing them. As for consumable med gels, i am not convinced yet, however yesterday i got a story mode victory without even using one, so we'll see...

Other than that, storage is nice and inventory management is much better now. One big improvement is how observed guards' path are displayed, it is much more clear now, even when overlapping sight cones. All in all, great job Klei and thanks for listening to us.   :-)

* Investigation points are no longer automatically displayed in Normal mode. You must observe the guard to display them.

* Medgels are now disposable

Wow, now that's cruel.

I mean, the fact that we were able to anticipate where guards were going without explaination was a little hacky, and MedGels are easily one of the most important items to nab. Them being disposible is going to make the game tougher, which is nice.

I did wish MONST3R was going to be a new agent, though.

Archived