How can I easily recover health if my map has no bees?

Hey Everyone,

I started a new map for the naughty and nice update. Luckily it has 7 tall-birds, unfortunately it only has one beehive which I destroyed after capturing 6 killer bees... didn't realize they were different from regular old bees until it was too late and now I have no means to acquire honey.

Being spoiled and addicted to honey, I'm not sure how to easily recover health without it. I have been using cooked tall bird eggs, but they are far from ideal (hard to harvest, not stack-able.)

Anyone got any good ideas? Maybe an easy crock pot recipe that doesn't require honey but still packs on the health.

Love,

Me

scroll down for the recipe list: http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Crock_Pot

i recommend making some turbo farms, farming till you get a dragon fruit, feeding the dragon fruit to a cage bird for dragon fruit seeds, and then mass planting them. cook them with filler. they don't stack, but they're very filling and healing, and super easy to stock up on after the startup costs.

Edited by Namlen

@Namlen: Didn't know you could get specific seeds by feeding a caged bird. Very cool, I'll give your dragon fruit strategy a try. Definitely sounds like a fun way to kill some time. I have no farms set up you see.

@SardaTFK: That's a perfect recipe! So easy, I'll also give it a try. But to be honest, It's so easy I'll be very surprised if it really recovers 50 health. I'll probably report back on that, if I'm not feeling lazy.

@Little Teemo: There is no long run in the game yet. Peeps who play past mastering their map, apparently don't value there time very much (I'm talking to you if you're past day 50.) I generate a new map for each patch, try the new stuff out, master my world, and then put the game down until the next patch. Basically I don't mind struggling without honey until the next patch.

@Lukas: Why did you even bother responding. I mentioned recipes. You'd think I already know food heals. If I was your mother I'd slap the **** out of you for your unnecessary verbiage.

A good one that no one ever seems to mention is Stuffed Eggplant. Eggplants are somewhat more common than Dragonfruit, and the recipe is pretty easy: use 1x Eggplant, 1x Vegetable (I typically use Carrots or Corn), and 2x Monster Meat. That will restore 60-ish Hunger and 40-ish Health, possibly more. And if you have a couple of farms, it's not hard to be swimming in veggies to use, and monster meat is pretty easy to get as well - just go poke a spider nest or tease some tentacles if you're low.

For some reason I never need health. If you have a logsuit and nearly any food, you should be good. I'm on day 30 something and I have about 30 honey and I have never eaten any of it because I haven't had a reason to. You should be okay, like the others said, use a crock pot and you should be fine.

So I'd like to report that you cannot turn killer bees into regular bees. I tried dropping them and running away for a while. The just rampage around killing stuff.

Also Like to share that Kabobs are the best way to heal by far. 2 sticks 2 monster meat => 50 health. So good!