Don't Starve plates! Any advice?

LadyMeda

Hello all you wonderful artists!

I am giddy with excitement for the upcoming DST expansion. In celebration of being able to not starve with my boyfriend soon, I'm painting a plate set for our new apartment! I've got Wickerbottom, Wolfgang and Wendy done so far.

Here comes the advice bit. Wx-78 is one of my favorite characters, and I really want to give him a plate. But his artwork is SO drastically different that it just won't look like it belongs in the set. I'm not sure what to do to tweak his artwork so it fits with the rest of them. Give him a name banner? I dunno.

Do any of you talented artists have any ideas? I can copy things alright, but can't draw worth a darn.

post-449710-0-24376900-1410374059_thumb.

post-449710-0-59875400-1410374095_thumb.

post-449710-0-37909000-1410374761_thumb.

Edited by LadyMeda
  • Like 7

That's so well done!
I love to see something that isn't just a drawing, and those plates are really good!
I'm not an artist so i don't know what to say... BUT i have a suggestion!
You should check those awesome recipes, so you have some Don't Starve food to put in the Don't Starve plates!

Here's the full playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3GcYRb4PjgNPeJULA3Mq1VxYhpoKD_Ip
And here's my favourite Video :p

Thanks @JanH ! The first one took a while... maybe 8 hours of painting total. Now I've got it down to about 4 hours per plate. It seems like a really long time, but with underglaze (the special ceramics paint), you have to do three coats of every color. So basically you have to paint the whole thing 3 times.

I can just see the infomercial -

"Don't Starve Plates!  For when you feel like dropping food onto the faces of starving people who can't eat aforementioned food!  Flesh-eating shadow hallucination deterrent not included!"

Yeah, I kind of liked the irony of the whole thing, as sadistic as that might be!

These are awesome! Great job! Hope to see Wilson soon!

Thanks!  Wilson is up next actually.

Gee golly, I got so swept up in other stuff, I forgot I never posted Wilson! Also, I don't understand why the pictures are so huge. Can I make them smaller in the posts somehow?

post-449710-0-26476400-1412102098_thumb.

For Wx, you could either draw him in-game, or search on Google for fanart that will fit with the rest of your set.

Thanks for the suggestion! I took your advice and am trying to kinda modify the in-game pics. Hopefully it turns out OK.
  • Like 5

I need those plates!!!!!

I have spoons w/ faces on them and... EVERYTHING WILL HAVE FACES!

*Here Wolfgang mind holding my lunch for a while*

Awwww.  Not too long ago I painted this Alice/Malice in Wonderland soup cup with spoon.  It was pretty cool, had the same sketchy style as Don't Starve, and the spoon had this twisted Cheshire Cat's grin on it.  My roommate left the spoon down the garbage disposal and turned it on.  A sad day.  I think I have a picture of the cup and spoon.   I'm not bitter!  No, not at all!

93a57b7446621a76ebda26d42656e8f3.jpg

Sorry for the terrible pic, but *sob* I can't take new pictures of it!

Edited by LadyMeda

Awwww.  Not too long ago I painted this Alice/Malice in Wonderland soup cup with spoon.  It was pretty cool, had the same sketchy style as Don't Starve, and the spoon had this twisted Cheshire Cat's grin on it.  My roommate left the spoon down the garbage disposal and turned it on.  A sad day.  I think I have a picture of the cup and spoon.   I'm not bitter!  No, not at all!

93a57b7446621a76ebda26d42656e8f3.jpg

Sorry for the terrible pic, but *sob* I can't take new pictures of it!

That is really amazing. That evil garbage disposal.

That is really amazing. That evil garbage disposal.

Are you blaming the gun now? Somebody can only be shot by the man or the bullet :p

I'd use this space to further comment the original works, but let us hold a moment of silence for the poor catspoon.

That cup is awesome. Your an incredible artist but I have to ask (sorry, this may be painful). Why was that spoon even near the sink? I'd think you would put that up somewhere on display!

Hey, sorry I didn't answer this earlier but somehow I missed it.  Honestly I paint a lot of stuff and needed dishes (because my former roommates liked to break stuff and not wash anything).  A girl's gotta have SOMETHING to eat out of. This one I DID keep under lock and key though.  Spoiler:  it isn't from don't starve, so if that offends you, don't look.

post-449710-0-85192900-1413445871_thumb.

Any Doctor Who fans out there?

Edited by LadyMeda
  • Like 1

Hey, sorry I didn't answer this earlier but somehow I missed it.  Honestly I paint a lot of stuff and needed dishes (because my former roommates liked to break stuff and not wash anything).  A girl's gotta have SOMETHING to eat out of. This one I DID keep under lock and key though.  Spoiler:  it isn't from don't starve, so if that offends you, don't look.

attachicon.gif1016140048-1.jpg

Any Doctor Who fans out there?

YES YES DOCTOR WHO YES BEAUTIFUL YES YES YES YES

*foams at the mouth*