101 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Characters

• Brian Deckard
    • Maria 'Internationale' Valdes
    • Raymond 'Shalem 11' Malik
    • Jolie 'Banks' Murphy, 29
    • Tony Xu
    • Nika Muratova

Are the character bios not in game yet? I wrote them a while ago, but I guess those screens are still forthcoming.

In the meantime... in the world 2174, countries as we know them don't really exist - they have been replaced by Corporate Exclusivity Zones. Cities are still around though, and the characters all have specific ages and hometowns. I'll not spill the beans on the backstories, but I can tease out the ages and hometowns of the currently active agents:

Brian Deckard, 38, Los Angeles

Maria 'Internationale' Valdes, 36, Havana

Raymond 'Shalem 11' Malik, 40, Beirut

Jolie 'Banks' Murphy, 29, Nua Dublin

All praise the backstory writer!

Oh and Kevin, and more word on that secret project you teased a while back?

• Developer

All praise the backstory writer!

Oh and Kevin, and more word on that secret project you teased a while back?

Nope! Except that it's what I'm working on most of the time most days. I do writer-type stuff for Inc and DST in between the other thing. You'll learn more in... er... a couple of months? 

Back on topic, my favourite character is Lady Olivia "Central" Gladstone. She's one tough cookie. Incognita will be pretty interesting once she's fleshed out more. I hope to explore some of the the background characters, like M0nst3r and the various CEOs, in the update posters.

Nope! Except that it's what I'm working on most of the time most days. I do writer-type stuff for Inc and DST in between the other thing. You'll learn more in... er... a couple of months? 

Back on topic, my favourite character is Lady Olivia "Central" Gladstone. She's one tough cookie. Incognita will be pretty interesting once she's fleshed out more. I hope to explore some of the the background characters, like M0nst3r and the various CEOs, in the update posters.

In a dystopian future, social media has shown its true ugliness, and began rewriting  villains' names as the Evil Tweets they actually are.

*shudder*

You named a character Central?! xD

THAT story should be interesting...

If I may ask, what do you like about Shalem 11? I'd really like to play with him more, but he always seems pretty much useless in my games, since I hardly ever shoot anyone.

It's very easy to upgrade it to 2 AP or make it so killing doesn't raise an alarm tracker and it's very cost efficient for what you get. I, too, aim to not to kill everyone - or anyone - when that's an option, but I had situations where using a weapon was necessary, so I can't stress how important it is to have a weapon when you need it. Especially in early stages, but it does come in handy later as well. Shalem 11 is ace in the hole for me.

It's very easy to upgrade it to 2 AP or make it so killing doesn't raise an alarm tracker and it's very cost efficient for what you get. I, too, aim to not to kill everyone - or anyone - when that's an option, but I had situations where using a weapon was necessary, so I can't stress how important it is to have a weapon when you need it. Especially in early stages, but it does come in handy later as well. Shalem 11 is ace in the hole for me.

It's funny you mention that.

Shalem 11 is the ONLY character who ever killed anyone, and only once.

I only kill with lasers and drones, never with an agent.

Guns bein' expensive, maan...

I have to say I'm a fan of the agents lacking Y chromosomes, mainly because I imagine they have cool accents.

Also, @Kevin I thought everyone was 38! (I know it used to say 38 for all the agent's ages, I had assumed they were all clones or genetically altered in some way to become superspies).

That would be too cliché.

Future? Oh yeah, everyone is a clone there to be SUPERHUMANS!

Nah, that already got old since Star Wars.

i know pedlar was in alpha but,

Speaking about characters, will we see soon the two missing from the Alpha (Dr Kit Pedler and Nika Lubov) ?

Look at that sneak peek poster again, maybe....

, truth seeker said dr kit pedlar was in the poster, not me.

Banks. Always always always Banks. Usually in a team with internationale. for hacking and credits but I'm running with Banks and Shalem 11 now to blitz levels. banks' skills speak for themselves and greatly support the other characters. i do wish deckard cloak was more useful though.

Banks is my favourite character and Internationale is very interesting, too, because they have both an unique ability.

Deckard should have a cloaking ability (invisible fur 1 turn, 6 turns cooldown) that does not require an inventory slot. His additional action point should be removed.

Shalem should have a laser rifle ability (ranged attack that kills a guard, armor piercing 1, 4 turns cooldown) that does not require an inventory slot. His neural disrupter should be removed.

Actually that'd make Shalem far less useful. He has an extra starting inventory slot to compensate for his firearm, so he don't really need his gun abstracted and he certainly don't need to have his neural disrupted removed as it's even worse than standard equipment other agents have.

That rifle would be super op.

How so? 4 turns cooldown would mean less flexibility than what we have now (one hit per turn). Perhaps you're talking about ammo cost? I don't think the other poster said anything about removing ammo requirement. So I don't really see how this could make rifle OP. For me it's a significant nerf (enough to drop the agent entirely while now it's one of my favourites).

Actually that'd make Shalem far less useful. He has an extra starting inventory slot to compensate for his firearm, so he don't really need his gun abstracted and he certainly don't need to have his neural disrupted removed as it's even worse than standard equipment other agents have.

How so? 4 turns cooldown would mean less flexibility than what we have now (one hit per turn). Perhaps you're talking about ammo cost? I don't think the other poster said anything about removing ammo requirement. So I don't really see how this could make rifle OP. For me it's a significant nerf (enough to drop the agent entirely while now it's one of my favourites).

I think he should keep the extra inventory slot to be more flexible at the start of the game and the cooldown of his rifle should replace the ammo requirement. In my opinion Shalem should be a powerful killer, but with the disadvantage that killing a guard will raise the alarm and lower the money at the end of a mission.

Archived