Mosling Spawn?

Usagibro

I have been wondering this but have never got a straight answer on the matter. My question is how do moslings spawn I know the Moose/Goose has to be left alone for awhile but is there any exact math behind it or is it just random? It would be really useful if there was a set number of days between egg spawning.

Thanks for answering 

I have been wondering this but have never got a straight answer on the matter. My question is how do moslings spawn I know the Moose/Goose has to be left alone for awhile but is there any exact math behind it or is it just random? It would be really useful if there was a set number of days between egg spawning.

Thanks for answering 

The Goose Egg, also known as the Moose Egg, is an object from the Reign of Giants DLC. Every once in awhile during Spring a Goose will wander off to lay one of the eggs. The eggs radiate electricity and can be struck with a Hammer4 times to cause it to hatch. Each strike with the Hammer causes the player 10 damage. The player can also use aWeather Pain to hatch the egg from a distance without taking damage. 5 Moslings will hatch from the egg and attack the player if they get too close.

Once the Egg hatches, the small nest will remain behind, giving a Goose the possibility to lay another Egg. At the end of Spring, both the egg and the nest will despawn.

Always check the Wiki entry  even if not done by Klei.

That's your answer. Short of looking in the Lua code for the specific range cycle, there is no "set time" Moosie lays her eggs. Waiting 2-3 days is typically enough. 

Archived