So be honest: Who will demote himself to Easy Mode?

Playing on Easy is probably the only way I will get to the end of the story as, even though I have improved greatly, I do not think I can get through more than four consecutive missions on Normal Mode.  This is why I gulped when I noticed that, in addition to the introduction of Easy Mode, they have made Normal Mode harder!  I am not complaining, just noting that what was for many players a hardcore gaming challenge is now harder-core still!

I'm being 100% honest.  I'm not hating on easy mode or the people that play it.  I'm happy that those payers have a mode that makes them happy.  I'm still paying normal mode and loving it!  Haven't gotten to endless mode yet, but if that has an easy and normal mode too, I may try easy then to see how easy mod is, but right now I want to beat story mode on normal.

if you can switch difficulty in mid'game, i'll play the easy mode unil i'll get enough resources and then i'll play on normal difficulty.

if you cannot, i'll play in easy mode until i beat the game twice and then i'll try on normal difficulty.

also, someone said that in easy mode you start with more credtis? i just started a new easy game and i had the norml 500 amount.

I deleted all my saves and am starting fresh on endless mode. I'll give normal a go and see how bad I fail before I switch to easy. So far I've done one mission and it took 2 hours, level 6, 50+ turns. If that's any indication of how things go from now on I'll be on easy in no time. 

Feels the same on normal pre and post patch, you get a bit less cash, but after the few core items that you feel are required, extra money is just that.. extra. I did 2 runs today, and just felt the money changes were putting off my 1st nanofab mission about 1-2 missions later than normal on average.

From a very simplistic standpoint, I like to compare the difficulty of Invisible, Inc. with FTL. Both are punishingly difficult, but not in an unfair way, and after some time you get the hang of it.

Full disclosure: I've been save-scumming my Invisible, Inc. playthroughs so far, which is pretty silly and unnecessary (and, obviously, not the way that the developers intend/want their games to be played). Hopefully by the time I get really comfortable with the game, I'll stop (I went through the same process with FTL, save-scumming until I got comfortable and now I don't need to anymore). It does end up being useful - last night I was playing the "A Friendly Conversation" mission (in Endless Mode) and it turned out that the elevator was in an unreachable location. So I was pretty happy about having had a previous save file for that.

Having said all that, even after 132 hours (according to my Steam library) in FTL, I still mainly play on Easy, although I'm starting to dabble more on Normal as well. I don't think there's any shame at all with playing on Easy for a procedurally-generated, hardcore game like Invisible, Inc or FTL. BUT at the same time, when I first started playing Invisible, Inc., there was no difficulty setting (just Normal) so that's what I'm used to at this point, so I probably won't end up playing on Easy. Just my long-winded two cents.

I personally prefer games on the hardest difficulty possible (if it's still fair) as long as the gameplay is good with it. For example Skyrim on the hardest one is a pain because every enemy miracilously tanks ten times as much, but it's still doable so I do it. And then there are games like Five Night's In Freddy's (to mention something newer), where it's just following a repetitive pattern for ten minutes to win, which is doable but crap.

I don't see anything repetitive or absurd in Invisible, Inc., so if anything, I'd even want a harder difficulty.

But that's just me personally. It all depends if you personally get enjoyment out of it. If you can play on easy for 200 hours, still feel nice with playing and don't care about possible future leaderboards, go for it!

After all, games are here to entertain us and in some cases others aswell. If a game fulfills that goal, there's no need to change anything at all.

It's something about the word Easy that makes me feel "wrong" inside. It's nothing unusual though. Almost every game ever made has a difficulty setting that generally comprises of Easy, Normal, Hard and Very Hard.

In all my time as an avid gamer I have laughed out loud and gone for the normal or higher difficulties, no matter the reputation of the game I'm playing. Invisible will be no different. But now it actualy does come down to credits earned.

How much of a difference does the new normal mode compare to the pre patch normal (ppn) mode? Personally ppn I felt like it was just ok. If I have to do that extra 1 or 2 missions to rack up enough credits I don't mind, if anything the devs have forced me to play more and for longer. So that's a good thing right?

Plus if things do get a little tough and I find myself dying too much early on, I'll switch to Easy (I'll never admit it though).

tl;dr I'm playing this bad boy on Normal! Yeah!

It's something about the word Easy that makes me feel "wrong" inside. It's nothing unusual though. Almost every game ever made has a difficulty setting that generally comprises of Easy, Normal, Hard and Very Hard.

In all my time as an avid gamer I have laughed out loud and gone for the normal or higher difficulties, no matter the reputation of the game I'm playing. Invisible will be no different. But now it actualy does come down to credits earned.

How much of a difference does the new normal mode compare to the pre patch normal (ppn) mode? Personally ppn I felt like it was just ok. If I have to do that extra 1 or 2 missions to rack up enough credits I don't mind, if anything the devs have forced me to play more and for longer. So that's a good thing right?

Plus if things do get a little tough and I find myself dying too much early on, I'll switch to Easy (I'll never admit it though).

tl;dr I'm playing this bad boy on Normal! Yeah!

It's simple, really. Normal should be the norm, as the name already suggests.

Normal is how the devs want you to play the game, that's pretty much what "normal" is already saying.

If the majority of players ends up playing easy then the majority of players has bought the wrong game.

Easy is usually the setting for people who are new at gaming or the genre. In my opinion, it should be made as such then, too. It should provide additional warnings and tips, should "hold your hand" more. If it only has enemies have less AP or stay KO longer, the player who starts out with easy gets a wrong image about the game and will never be able to beat it on normal, or will just take double the time to beat normal as if the player just started on it.

This is, atleast to me, what's the difference between just another easy mode in a game, and an excellent easy mode in a game.

@Palpetinus totally agree. Right now I'm in the mode where I'm loving Invisible and want changes but don't want them at the same time so as to get used to how things are now.

"Well J20 WTH did you buy Invisible in early access then!?"

Coz it's a Klei game and I cudn't help eet!

Can't wait to get home and try the new normal mode for myself. I know my brother has played it and so far he only has good things to say about it.

@Palpetinus totally agree. Right now I'm in the mode where I'm loving Invisible and want changes but don't want them at the same time so as to get used to how things are now.

"Well J20 WTH did you buy Invisible in early access then!?"

Coz it's a Klei game and I cudn't help eet!

Can't wait to get home and try the new normal mode for myself. I know my brother has played it and so far he only has good things to say about it.

It may sound a bit like I'm hating on Klei now, but I have to say that it's Klei's task now to keep the game's core mechanics up like this and don't fiddle with it too much. New content and features are neat, but they already made a good core of a game and shouldn't ruin that now. Which I doubt they will do, I'm just saying that we should have nothing to worry about as long as they do what they are supposed to do.

And I totally know that feeling, I'm not home right now either and I'm like counting minutes right now...

Currently playing on easy and getting my butt handed to me. Money is indeed a lot easier. A bit to easy maybe. Did 2 runs, first mission respectively a Detention Centre and a Vault, and in both ended up getting away with a little over 2500 credits gained. So 3000 on top of the 500 to start with. Having maxed Stealth on both agents after one mission does make things a bit easier. I just need to figure out how to get more gear afterwards still, but I'm enjoying the process of finding that out. Once I have 'mastered' the game I'll move to normal. Same as I did with FTL really. But I guess I can't complain, only having been able to put 6 hours into it according to Steam. Wish I had more playtime :p

It may sound a bit like I'm hating on Klei now, but I have to say that it's Klei's task now to keep the game's core mechanics up like this and don't fiddle with it too much. New content and features are neat, but they already made a good core of a game and shouldn't ruin that now. Which I doubt they will do, I'm just saying that we should have nothing to worry about as long as they do what they are supposed to do.

And I totally know that feeling, I'm not home right now either and I'm like counting minutes right now...

If you think about it, this normal mode with reduced credits (that's my only gripe sorry) might actually make getting those perks that increase your percentage of getting more credits more important.

This leads me on to my next question. If Klei feel the credit payout is balanced for the respective mode, is there any chance we could see more lootable objects in the future? Obviously they would need to be in super hard locations especially if they implement it in Normal mode.

New players and players who love cakes without icing and those who are still unfamiliar to step in Normal mode. Period.

Out my honesty. I play on Easy difficulty.

It's mainly because it's a low-spec Mac laptop. So thing will be unresponsive and everything won't go smooth. So it's my computer to blame on. Easy has a slight increase of mistake tolerance. While medium only allows smaller ones up to a thin limit.. 

I think if Easy Mode was available when I first grabbed the game I might've played it, it takes time to learn the game and you want to enjoy that time, but it's a game that really punishes mistakes so I can see why it would annoy newcomers, especially those who maybe haven't played many stealth or turn-based strategy games.

If you think about it, this normal mode with reduced credits (that's my only gripe sorry) might actually make getting those perks that increase your percentage of getting more credits more important.

This leads me on to my next question. If Klei feel the credit payout is balanced for the respective mode, is there any chance we could see more lootable objects in the future? Obviously they would need to be in super hard locations especially if they implement it in Normal mode.

I feel like there could be some lootable objects that require no hacking and give a little bit of money. Like a desk or a suitcase giving 50$, etc.

So if you just blaze through levels you'll miss a lot of money.

I feel like there could be some lootable objects that require no hacking and give a little bit of money. Like a desk or a suitcase giving 50$, etc.

So if you just blaze through levels you'll miss a lot of money.

This is exactly what I'm suggesting! Desks, filling cabinets, laptops (hack bank accounts :)), cupboards, safes behind pictures on the wall etc...

see my suggestion thread. "More lootable objects"

Archived