Anyone know of or planning to make any modding tutorial videos?

First of all, I have read the Getting Started: Guides, Tutorials and Examples thread in this forum about how to start modding. Also I am not asking for anyone to make any videos, but it would be helpful, I know that everyone can just look at the thread but I'm literally just asking this question without like some frustration so people make videos. So, does anyone know of any modding tutorial videos of Don't Starve or planning to make some or even a series? I don't want to argue about how I shouldn't ask for help in modding because there's the Getting Started thread and it also states that I shouldn't do so, I'm just asking...   :| 

Regards
Aqualight

Sorry, but I don't see how videos are any more helpful than discussions and other mods when it comes to modding. What do you want to make a video of anyways? Code being written as opposed to written code?

I know that DanaAdams made a good video for spriter animations, and that is a field in which videos would make sense. But I would say that is the only field, and it's not enough on its own to make a mod.

If you need some help with coding, then look at other peoples code. If you don't understand a section at all (say, something called "AddPrefabPostInit"), then use the search bar in the modding forums and you'll find discussions regarding that. Many questions have already been asked, no need for the exact same twice.

If that doesn't suffice for some reason, ask somebody about that things functionality. People around here don't bite, not on sundays.

And most importantly: Learn how you can do something before you attempt to do it.

I dont mod but I see how a video could be helpful. Discussions are great and really helpful for anything to gain knowledge and insight but some people are just more visually teachable.

I can imagine it would be like reading a book on how to build an engine. Sure, you can learn the how and the why's but someone actually helping you build the engine would be so much better and you'd learn more.

Modding would be similar in that you could see where the changes are actually taking place. I know you could tell someone line 115 needs to be changed but sometimes the visual helps people. Making and watching videos wouldn't take the place of threads and discussions, I see it being another way to emphasize what is being done. Possibly bringing other people into the modding community, as well.

My son was wanting to learn Java so he could mod MineCrap, the first thing I did was go to YouTube so he could see what he was getting himself into. I could see the same thing happening with Don't Starve. People wanting to learn how to mod come across a video, interest is piqued, come to the Forums and read up about how to do it, watch another video to reinforce what they learned.... Before you know it, they start making their own mods.

Couldn't be a bad thing to make a video, but that's just my opinion. I know I'd watch it!!

Lol, thanks spencer, what you said = my situation, I don't want to get too involved, but back from the off-topic to the reason I posted here... Nobody knows of any possibly upcoming or already existing modding tutorials for Don't Starve? eh? I usually don't waste time explaining myself to people for ages about why I need information that I'm asking for. Thank you mobbstar for your third sentence. Personally for me, I learnt java in like a day from watching videos, and reading text just gets too boring for me and this is only one reason for why audiovisual learning is superior to textual.

Regards
Aqualight

Archived