Is this normal?

First of all, in another RoG world, I don't remember getting season specific hound variants during spring (ice) or autumn (fire), or that might be based on day count since in my current world I set autumn and spring to 30 days. Anyway the real abnormality is that not long ago, now being autumn, I got some kind of a special wave of hounds, I got 4 red hounds, and it was after day 100.

Ok, now a few days passed and the next hound wave came, and the thing is there were twice as many hounds and 80% of them were red hounds, image related.

So, is it normal?

post-209011-0-09793400-1409389864_thumb.

Ice hounds spawn in winter and spring while red hounds spawn during summer and autumn. It's not uncommon to get mostly ice or red hounds during a wave. I'm at a point in my game where I get 10 hounds and during winter or summer, 7 or 8 might be the colored hounds. Seems to be more evened out during the spring and autumn but even then it might lean more to the special hounds. Depends on how bad the game wants to kill you!

Ice hounds spawn in winter and spring while red hounds spawn during summer and autumn. It's not uncommon to get mostly ice or red hounds during a wave. I'm at a point in my game where I get 10 hounds and during winter or summer, 7 or 8 might be the colored hounds. Seems to be more evened out during the spring and autumn but even then it might lean more to the special hounds. Depends on how bad the game wants to kill you!

I see. Back when I last time played the game, there weren't this crazy of hound waves. Thanks.

It is possible for every hound to be a special variety. This is perfectly normal.

If you read carefully the thread:

1. The problem was already clarfied.
  2. I wasn't asking if it is normal for hounds to be special variety, I was asking if it was normal for them to be so many at once.

Archived