Repopulating the volt goats

icfear

Hey everyone,

I have searched a few forums and wiki but i haven't find out the volt goat's spawn day. I want volt goats near my base, so i wanna use a telelocator staff on one of the volt goats to teleport it to my telelocator focus. Then they will repopulate and i will have volt goats outside the desert biome (yes i love meat that much :D) How long will it take a volt goat to spawn?

Volt Goat respawn times are random, but constant. If the herd is not full, it will create a new Volt Goat in a half to three halves of a day, then reset the respawn timer. Note that Volt Goats cannot respawn onscreen.

Source: Game Files.

From scripts/prefabs/lightninggoatherd.lua

inst:AddComponent("periodicspawner")
    inst.components.periodicspawner:SetRandomTimes(TUNING.LIGHTNING_GOAT_MATING_SEASON_BABYDELAY, TUNING.LIGHTNING_GOAT_MATING_SEASON_BABYDELAY_VARIANCE)
    inst.components.periodicspawner:SetPrefab("lightninggoat")
    inst.components.periodicspawner:SetOnSpawnFn(OnSpawned)
    inst.components.periodicspawner:SetSpawnTestFn(CanSpawn)
    inst.components.periodicspawner:SetDensityInRange(20, 6)
    inst.components.periodicspawner:SetOnlySpawnOffscreen(true)
    inst.components.periodicspawner:Start()
From scripts/tuning.lua
   LIGHTNING_GOAT_MATING_SEASON_BABYDELAY = total_day_time*1.5,
   LIGHTNING_GOAT_MATING_SEASON_BABYDELAY_VARIANCE = 0.5*total_day_time,

Yes. It checks if it is part of a herd and then creates a new herd if they are not in one. I think.

From scripts/prefabs/lightninggoat:

if inst.components.herdmember
        and inst.components.herdmember:GetHerd() then
            local herd = inst.components.herdmember and inst.components.herdmember:GetHerd()
            if herd then
                return distsq(Vector3(herd.Transform:GetWorldPosition() ), Vector3(inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition() ) ) < TUNING.LIGHTNING_GOAT_CHASE_DIST*TUNING.LIGHTNING_GOAT_CHASE_DIST
            end
        end
        return true
This is about Volt Goats sticking together as a herd.
    inst:AddComponent("knownlocations")
    inst:AddComponent("herdmember")
    inst.components.herdmember:SetHerdPrefab("lightninggoatherd")
This is about Volt Goats having components of "herdmember" and being part of the prefab "lightninggoatherd".

I call upon ye modders, please make this a thing!

It is a mod. It's called "Mama Goats" or something like that, they make little babies, then when they grow up or die they poop out another one while off-screen. Note that the babies poop like crazy.

It is a mod. It's called "Mama Goats" or something like that, they make little babies, then when they grow up or die they poop out another one while off-screen. Note that the babies poop like crazy.

Ah yes, I remember that mod. I think that was what introduced me to the wonderful world of the Don't Starve Steam Workshop.

Archived