[Character] Wallflower: The Psychotic Flower

WALLFLOWER

Changelog

This mod is a brand new character "Wallflower" with a new game mechanic, "Sunshine".

Steam Link

H604F5E.png

In Game:

EnjYXlK.png

Description:

Wallflower is is very fragile character in mind and body. Since this little flower has had a psychotic break he can't seem to photosynthesize correctly. 

Stats:

Starting -

Hunger 100*

Health 65*

Sanity 50

*Grow as you photosynthesize

The Perks of Being a Wallflower:

• The Sun gives him strength.
  • He can grab butterflies and bees without a net.
  • You can cook and eat poop.
  • Photosynthesis makes you shine at night.
  • Sunshine provides insulation in the winter
1st world Wallflower Problems:
  • Really fragile at the start.
  • Fire drains sanity.
  • Food is limited to a few things that flowers like.
  • Sunshine makes summer harder to deal with.
Sunshine Feature:

The player will need to manage his Sunshine Levels to keep him from dying too fast. Your meter will fill up during day and slower at dusk. The rate is affected by certain things.

• Supercharges Wallflower
  • Makes Wallflower glow at night
  • Keeps you warm in the winter and hotter in the summer
  • Can be managed by sanity and shade.
Strategies:
  • Make sure to photosynthesizes as much as possible before winter.
  • Discharge before summer and keep some portable shade on you.
  • Get a source of light and warmth that are not fire based.
  • Try and stay out of the caves.
Notes:

I consider this a beta release. Wallflower has not been fully tested and will require some tweaks and improvements. Please comment with constructive suggestions on how to make him better (not easier or harder). I would like to have a balanced character.

Some other things:

• Custom Dialog
  • Loot drop on hurt
  • Try not to murder trees
  • Minimap Icon
  • Configuration Options
IMPORTANT: Fix Link

There is currently a bug in the game that affects Wolfgang and Wallflower. Building too many effigies will crash your game. Wallflower has a soft limit of 2 because of his starting health. If you build 3 or more your game will crash when you die.

Food Tuning:

I'm sure these values need to be tweaked so please let me know if you have suggestions.

yVd3tDN.png

------------------------------------------

Download moved to my Klei Mod Repository here

Could you explain a bit more what sun and water does to Wallflower? 

Sun makes you glow in the night and increases your max hunger? Anything else? What about water? I noticed that being wet still makes you lose insanity. 

Also, you can plant butterflies as flowers. Makes it too easy to keep up sanity, since butterflies even follow the character.

I'm not sure what the idea is with having bees follow the character though, or why I should want to collect them. Maybe make it so I can eat honey too?

I didn't want to give too much away. So here are the mechanics under the spoiler.

Wallflower Game Mechanics:

At 100% sunshine you have 300 hunger, 195 health, gives you a small glow, and are really fast. But your metabolism is increased greatly.

Sun Increases during the day and dusk (at .5 the rate). When it is raining, you have certain gear on that I deemed as "blocks the sun", or are under shade, the rate decreases.

There is no way to increase your sunshine intake rate. Without an decrease at night it would take about 2 full days of sun to charge to 100%

To stop your sunshine rate from decreasing you must keep your sanity at about 50%. But lowering your sanity any amount decreases the drain. You can manage your sanity easily by eating flowers. Evil Flowers decrease it while normal ones increase it. The whole idea is that your sanity value is so low you need a good way to manage it, also with fire lowering your sanity it makes it harder to survive in situations where you need it.

Also... sleeping will decrease your sunshine by 50%.

Basic Strategy:

• You cannot eat meat. Use it to create pig followers since your sanity drains when you chop trees.
  • Gather many butterflies rather than flowers. You can just pick them up, so no need to build a bug net.
  • To reach full sunshine you must keep your sanity around 50%. You can also decrease the drain amount using the config options.
  • Spend the first couple of days wandering and find a beefalo herd so the you will have an unlimited and ever replenishing food supply

Bees follow you because you are a flower. That is pretty much it. Possible feature is that you get more attractive as your sunshine rate goes up. Making it more dangerous as far as killer bees are concerned.

I allow the player to pick up butterflies because the idea of having to manage your sanity.

Water currently has no affect on this character but is planned for later.

I hope that you can fix it 

21nfp6q.png

Looking into it. Could you possibly post your log file? Please copy it immediately after the world loads with the character.

I see that you have this trouble with other mods...

What is your system config?

Looking into it. Could you possibly post your log file? Please copy it immediately after the world loads with the character.

I see that you have this trouble with other mods...

What is your system config?

Seriously ... (What is log file?)

../mods/wallflower/images/saveslot_portraits/wallflower.tex is 120x104 but compressed textures must have power of 2 dimensions.
ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/wallflower/images/saveslot_portraits/wallflower.tex. glGetError returned 0x501
120x104 format: 0x83f3 mips: 7
../mods/wallflower/images/selectscreen_portraits/wallflower.tex is 376x568 but compressed textures must have power of 2 dimensions.
ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/wallflower/images/selectscreen_portraits/wallflower.tex. glGetError returned 0x501
376x568 format: 0x83f3 mips: 10

Seriously ... (What is log file?)

../mods/wallflower/images/saveslot_portraits/wallflower.tex is 120x104 but compressed textures must have power of 2 dimensions.

ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/wallflower/images/saveslot_portraits/wallflower.tex. glGetError returned 0x501

120x104 format: 0x83f3 mips: 7

../mods/wallflower/images/selectscreen_portraits/wallflower.tex is 376x568 but compressed textures must have power of 2 dimensions.

ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/wallflower/images/selectscreen_portraits/wallflower.tex. glGetError returned 0x501

376x568 format: 0x83f3 mips: 10

Thank you. I have already updated the zip in the downloads section and on Steam. If you are having trouble still please let me know.

Thank you. I have already updated the zip in the downloads section and on Steam. If you are having trouble still please let me know.

Oh wait , there's something i need to ask you ...

if I eat poop it restores Hunger - 18 and HP - 24

If I eat mudpie it only restores Hunger - 12

Then , the point is what is the reason that  I should cook a mudpie that takes 2-4 (Sorry I don't know how many should it takes to have a mudpie) poop? Should I need to waste a poop/s that the equivalent is less?

SORRY ! RIP ENGLISH ...

post-428680-0-11194700-1409928250.jpg

Oh wait , there's something i need to ask you ...

if I eat poop it restores Hunger - 18 and HP - 24

If I eat mudpie it only restores Hunger - 12

Then , the point is what is the reason that  I should cook a mudpie that takes 2-4 (Sorry I don't know how many should it takes to have a mudpie) poop? Should I need to waste a poop/s that the equivalent is less?

SORRY ! RIP ENGLISH ...

attachicon.gifmedic nosebleed.jpg

I think I know why... i just forgot to add the food multiplier values to the mudpie. If you set the calories to anything but normal it unbalances it. Will fix. Thank you for pointing it out.

I think I know why... i just forgot to add the food multiplier values to the mudpie. If you set the calories to anything but normal it unbalances it. Will fix. Thank you for pointing it out.

Oh wait , there's more ...

In the background why wallflower has a monster shadow? Then , its icon has a half dark monster or somethin then the other half is the original wallflower.

So , whats up with those darky thing? I think it doesn't connect to the character when you play it. You should add him some animation if he is insane , so the darky thing would be mean to the character.

Oh wait , there's more ...

In the background why wallflower has a monster shadow? Then , its icon has a half dark monster or somethin then the other half is the original wallflower.

So , whats up with those darky thing? I think it doesn't connect to the character when you play it. You should add him some animation if he is insane , so the darky thing would be mean to the character.

Yes , I agree with him

Archived