Autocompiler problem

Hello. I was trying to make anim for my custom mob but there is a problem becouse autocompiler ignoring my file.

When i starting game or running autocompiler manually nothing is generated in "anim" folder. I wasnt modding long time so maybe there was some kind of update to mod tools or something but someone can tell  whats wrong? Also autocompiler menu is weirdly small for me.

l8o48h1tlc9717pfg.jpg

78zc1q92e9ntk1lfg.jpg

So it generated mad3/cpu/parts files but just not mad.scml? That's odd, are you sure there are no errors during autocompiler? Tho it should pop a notepad or somethign with error in that case... try running it manually from cmd and see if it pops up some error, I don't see anything wrong with the structure.

So it generated mad3/cpu/parts files but just not mad.scml?

No, all that was generated long time ago. Yesterday I was just trying to make small changes to "mad.scml" and was surprised that in game nothing happened. So I deleted all files generated from "mad" and tryied again. Nothing compiled, not even anim.

I was looking for cmd mentioning that file but no, there was just normal bunch of  "[...] file is up to date" .

My files are completly ignored by compilator.

That's odd, considering that it is reading at least some mod files. Can you check autocompiler_log.txt to see if it even goes through your mod folder? If it follows same logic as standalone, it should be in SteamApps/common/temp directory.

The only way/reason it would exclude a specific mod folder is by putting NOAUTOCOMPILE file into the dir, but that's obviously not the case.

ahaha autocompiler is ending prematurely, look at the last entry

>> Compiling C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\dont_starve\mods\Calamity\exported\mad\parts\zapas\1\zapas.scml.=================""C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\scml.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\dont_starve\mods\Calamity\exported\mad\parts\zapas\1\zapas.scml" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\dont_starve\mods\Calamity""ERROR: Missing image 'template.png' referenced by 'zapas.scml'.

It stops on first error, not even getting to the mad.scml file

Well if it's a backup file then you wouldn't want it to get processed (and overwrite the new anims) anyway, you can change the extension of the file, or as mentioned above, put NOAUTOCOMPILE file into the dir should make the system ignore the whole directory. Or move it out of /exported/* path, likely simplest way.

Either way, as it is, autocompiler cannot be made to 'continue on errors' so you'd have to make sure all files it runs into can be properly built for it to function.

Archived