Bearger KO-ed me one hit with Night armor/Football helmet?

I was playing as Wilson, at full health (150hp), wearing 100% night armor (750 damage reduction total), and 100% football helmet (450 damage reduction total)... when I got one hit KO-ed by the bearger's AOE Slam attack. I realize I was RIGHT next to him when he attacked but.. is this a bug? what went wrong? I lost my first touchstone and when I went back for my stuff he was gone... Any insight?

Oh, that's quite normal. Typically, I don't like revealing what players need to learn first, but since you experienced it (spoilered for other players to find out themselves) 

It has two 'different' close-range attacks, one in which it slams the ground with its front paws, creating a shockwave that will fell trees, demolish structures, and uproot plants in a large area. The attack will also deal more damage to the player the closer they are to the center. So if the player is right next to the Bearger, it will deal massive damage. If the player is close to the Bearger, however, it will stand on its back paws and swipe at the player with a front paws up to three times, afterward slamming the ground once.

be warned the next time you encounter it!

And if it meets its quota and "naps" it can despawn when offscreen.  

I think night armor prevent the 95% of the damage. Bearger should have done more than 3000 damage with the helmet in the equation. So are you sure it wasn't a bug?

He only has to destroy the armour. With 100% on both pieces of equipment, he only would've had to do 1200 damage to shatter both pieces of armour, and at that point you're already messed up. Still, the max I've found Bearger to hit at Point blank was twice, and he has never demonstrated with treeguards to do anywhere near that much damage on a stomp. However, the scenario of you being directly next to him as well as having full durability on both pieces of equipment doesn't add up, are you sure you're not exaggerating at any point?

However, the scenario of you being directly next to him as well as having full durability on both pieces of equipment doesn't add up, are you sure you're not exaggerating at any point?

At Night In The Dark, while Raining, just after it finished Snowing, While wearing the One man Band, Unarmored, In the Snow, Uphill, Both Ways. 

Archived